47950Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: Crime rate in U.S:

    May 27, 2011
      my experience on this is that those who do take from others also recognize that others are down like them and also have an empathy experience of the situation  that we are all in this together. Those that are the real criminals in the sense that they have no conscious nor reflection about them don't care about anyone else but themselves and keep the doing whatever they do.

      --- On Fri, 5/27/11, Kim <kimgm@...> wrote:

      From: Kim <kimgm@...>
      Subject: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: Crime rate in U.S:
      To: anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, May 27, 2011, 2:20 AM

      Maybe inversely correlated, there is less to steal, there is less
      temptations.
      In Denmark the crimerate has grown with the raise in income. My parents
      told that under the depression in the 1930's you could leave your purse
      in public without being taken. In my childhood the doors were not locked
      in daytime when we were on the parcel.

      <fts.trasla@...> wrote:

      > The articletells how, despite economic hardship, violent crime has
      *decreased* considerably in the U.S.

      > "Nationally, the drop in violent crime not only calls into question
      the theory that crime rates are closely correlated with economic
      hardship, but another argument as well, said Frank E. Zimring, a law
      professor at the University of California, Berkeley.

      > As the percentage of people behind bars has decreased in the past few
      years, violent crime rates have fallen as well. For those who believed
      that higher incarceration rates inevitably led to less crime, "this
      would also be the last time to expect a crime decline," he said.

      > "The last three years have been a contrarian's delight — just when
      you expect the bananas to hit the fan," said Mr. Zimring, a visiting law
      professor at New York University and the author of a coming book on the
      decline in the city's crime rate.

      > But he said there was no way to know why — at least not yet.
      >
      > "The only thing that is reassuring being in a room full of crime
      experts now is that they are as puzzled as I am," he said."

      > http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/24/us/24crime.html?_r=1&hp

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic