47165Re: Tom in the slime pit

  • ted.wrinch
    Apr 3, 2011
      We don't need to bring her any further than she's walked already:

      "And yes, the clock does tick, which is why you will surely appreciate the
      quality of eternity when it settles upon you like gold dust â€" perhaps you even
      remember what it feels like? In which case there will be times when you long to
      feel it again. And while we do all ‘grow old’ on this Earth it is the wisdom
      of the child that so often proves enduring. I find it very helpful to keep in
      mind the sanguine words of one especially famous old duffer, favoured by mystics
      of all creeds, be they sober or sizzled:

      There could be more for me to say: did you have any question in mind?

      T.

      Ted Wrinch

      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "cinnamon94@..." <cinnamon94@...> wrote:

      > I wonder if you could say more about this (Blake, the Angel?, etc.)? I'd be interested in reading your thoughts since I don't know what you are referring to. However, is there a way to do this without making her a part of the discussion?

      > >Her analysis of the dark heart of it all is also, to my mind, the best anyone's done. Her choice of significant spiritual texts to anchor the discussion was excellent, even if perhaps sometimes through good instinct: Blake is one of the prof's declared spiritual heroes - that he did not respond to Charlotte's choice of the Angel seems telling. That none of them would discuss the supposed anti-Semitism of the fifth gospel likewise.
      > >
      > > T.
      > >
      > > Ted Wrinch
      > >
      > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith" <fts.trasla@> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Ok, thanks. I didn't understand why she went over there, thrown to the wolves, so to speak. The result was predictable.
      > > > Frank

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic