47162Re: Tom in the slime pit

  • ted.wrinch
    Apr 3, 2011
      A little bit. But also not - I think she found her own way over there and saw through the prof's obfuscation, as well as to the the pain that motivates some of the denizens. Her analysis of the dark heart of it all is also, to my mind, the best anyone's done. Her choice of significant spiritual texts to anchor the discussion was excellent, even if perhaps sometimes through good instinct: Blake is one of the prof's declared spiritual heroes - that he did not respond to Charlotte's choice of the Angel seems telling. That none of them would discuss the supposed anti-Semitism of the fifth gospel likewise.

      T.

      Ted Wrinch

      > Ok, thanks. I didn't understand why she went over there, thrown to the wolves, so to speak. The result was predictable.
      > Frank
      >

      > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "cinnamon94@" <cinnamon94@> wrote:
      > >
      > > He sent me the content of a message he sent to her. Just to be clear: he did not send me any of her replies and I have not returned any of his unsolicited emails. I am not interested in participating in this kind of thing.
      > >
      > > As far as I am concerned, its fine to dislike anthroposophy and have an internet forum devoted to criticizing it. Its fine to have had a bad experience with a certain type of school and want to tell other people about what happened. What isn't acceptable is this whole manner of foolishness accompanying these legitimate endeavors. This is typical of groups who rally "against" something; they find it difficult to articulate what they are "for."
      > >
      > > Especially if you believe that you only go around once, shape up and show that you are making it count!
      > >

      > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith" <fts.trasla@> wrote:

      > > > How do you know that?
      > > > Frank

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic