46506Re: Peter Staudenmaier Goes Into Orbit but Will The Church Follow?

  • val2160
    Mar 14, 2011
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "val2160" <wdenval@...> wrote:

      > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "val2160" wdenval@
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "ted.wrinch"
      > > ted.wrinch@ wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Frank and a couple of others here seem to have pushed all Peter S.s
      > go
      > > buttons at once, and he has lifted off into orbit on a wave of
      > far-left,
      > > anti-semitic-fighting, racism-attacking ardour. All his left
      > > progressive, atheist, spirit-scoffing and dishonesty mirror neurones
      > > appear to be firing at once:

      > > > He's defending the world against esotericists and anthros and other
      > > anti-intellectual, democracy-hating scum, And he's making America safe
      > > for Americans by shoring up the crumbling church-state barricades:

      > > > He knows the truth! 2000 years of supine xtianity, slathering at the
      > > bit to get the Christ killers, reading false gospels from lying,
      > > duplicitous evangelists, are being shown by our intrepid
      > spirit-scoffer
      > > - making the world safe for neo-marxism and atheism again! - to be the
      > > racist, anti-Semitic, conspiracy-loving rabble that our intrepid hero
      > > for the anti-spirit has always known them to be. The enlightenment has
      > > been pouring from his keyboard, as his fingers try to keep up with his
      > > (solipsistic) planet sized brain; we should be awed by the scholarly
      > > wisdom that is now flowing and that tells us that that the crucifixion
      > > was only 'an act ordered and carried out by Roman colonists against
      > > jews', and was completely unconnected with the Sanhedrin. After 2000
      > > years we finally know the truth - the gospels were simply wrong!
      > > >
      > > > It's also so cool that Peter is here to correct us as we are :
      > > "unfamiliar with our own traditionÂ…[and] frequently unfamiliar
      > with
      > > basic aspects of Christian tradition, indeed of virtually any
      > religious
      > > traditions [sic]". It's amazing that Peter has such knowledge of
      > > xtianity, knowledge that the evangelists, the co- founders of the
      > > religion, didn't have, and that Peter can now provide for us all. We
      > > should feel blessed!
      > > >
      > > > So that's great Peter! I feel that my foggy, anti-rational,
      > > homo-phobic, white-supremacist, academic-hating, anti-Semitism-loving
      > > brain and self have now been corrected, chastised and reprimanded for
      > > their erring ways by your judicious, balanced, accurate, sensitive,
      > deep
      > > and far-ranging account.
      > > >
      > > > T.
      > > >
      > > > Ted Wrinch
      > >

      > > I had forgotten about this
      > > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revised_Common_Lectionary> beginning
      > this
      > > year. The goal of re-formatting the weekly readings is two-fold as I
      > > understand it. The Church is attempting to provide a more cohesive and
      > > comprehensive understanding of the Bible for Christians while at the
> [...]

      Check it out:

      More frightening is the Emergent movement, perhaps the fastest growing subculture in the church today, which seems to have a literal disdain for valid atonement theory.  From the outside, Emergent congregations seem merely a post-modern "trendy-church" model by which the next generation may be reached.  From the inside, their mentors and un-official leaders are teaching doctrines which are actually defining the cutting edge of Mystical Atonement Theory.  They teach that atonement is not substitutional in nature.  They whole-heartedly affirm and teach a mysticism which is consistent with the views of the Mystical Theory.  As panentheism will tend to lead to, they have furthermore attempted to erase the lines between Christianity and other world religions, claiming that Christ is anything but exclusive in his work of atonement.

      The Mystical Theory of Atonement is one which will unconditionally lead to an apostasy which misrepresents God's character, purpose and glory.  As obviously flawed as it is, this theory is being adopted at alarming rates – right from within the church itself.

      http://www.returningking.com/?p=616

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic