      From: ted.wrinch <ted.wrinch@...>
      Subject: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: Peter Staudenmaier Goes Into Orbit
      To: anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, 8 March, 2011, 13:53

      Thanks for responding so frankly and fully.

      The 'vendetta' has certainly been stressful and I've learnt practically my entire repertoire of underhand, dishonest debating techniques from the prof. My background is mainly physical science and engineering's of one kind or another and the prof has been the expert at debate and verbal repartee; but I think I've improved over the last two years :). The prof espouses anarchist green politics and did indeed encounter some dubious neo-Nazi affiliated, right-wing anthro groups in Germany in the 90s, which aroused his battle instincts. I think at some point in the past the wellsprings of his motivation may have been left idealist; but those days appear long past and it seems that all that's left is the hatred to drive him on. This is something he appears unaware of, however, and over the years he has demonstrated that he holds a very superficial theory of the psyche (pretty much unreformed Freudianism) and appears to have little self-knowledge. The Jewish obsession appears to be just part of his far left, atheist ideology (I believe that his background may be that of an old German protestant family), in the way that for a time it was fashionable for leftists to support Soviet Russia. Your point about the possible black magical nature of Nazism is well taken and something from this era exerts a great and unhealthy pull on all in the Hole.

      Well, my understanding is that only the asuras are unredeemable in the sense that we can't act in a way in our inner life that can be of benefit for them. Lucifer and Ahriman are, to my understanding, not of this nature and we are very much called to understand and do what we can in our lives to redeem them. One of my favourite singer-songwriters, Paddy McAloon, has written a beautiful song about Lucifer:

      Michael

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkKlXv480WU

      Ah, the Isle of Man is an interesting place. I love the name of their parliament - the Tynwald - the etymology goes straight back to the Icelandic 'ping' and our 'thing'. I like ancient Greece too - my first year uni courses were maths, physics and classical studies! Always adored the Roger Lancelyn Green tales as well. They've just finished a great exhibition on the Egyptian book of the dead at the British Museum and I find ancient Egypt ever more fascinating. Hah, my wife's mother was adopted and always suspected that she might have been Jewish (very clever - went to Oxford - with dark hair and olive skin).

      T.

      Ted Wrinch

      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Charlotte Cowell <charlottecowell@...> wrote:

      > Oh, I see, thank you for explaining. It sounds as if there is
      > a bit of a vendetta going on and I can imagine you find that upsetting,
      > especially if you find that what's being said is dishonest, or has a
      > deceitful spin. Iwondered at first if the prof was a devout
      > Jew, which would have made sense, I can understand that there are
      > simply differences of opinion across cultures/faiths and that the human
      > race is still trying to work through those and to comprehend the views
      > of the 'other side'. And the events around the world wars undoubtedly
      > released a huge amount of black magical force into the world that we're
      > still trying to set to rights....
      >

      > However, if he is indeed atheist as you say, I'm not exactly sure what
      > the motive would be - I mean, why would he care about points of
      > doctrine unless he has a deep faith? Or maybe he is confusing Theosophy/Thule and the foundation of Nazi ideology with the later anthroposophical movement? In any case I guess having an
      > opponent of this kind can serve the function of raising up certain
      > questions and giving one the chance to reinforce one's own belief in
      > the process, maybe he needs an intellectual
      > spar, it strikes  me that his obsessive quest masks questions that are
      > hidden even to himself and he may be trying to get to them - his racial
      > soul must have a profound effect, it does with all of us, and the
      > Judaic one is particularly strong.
      >

      > I didn't realise that is what you meant about Mani and I replied as I
      > did because I am uncertain about the doctrine that he was the
      > Paraclete, it's something I simply don't know, although I understand
      > the concept. Now you've said what you meant, I must admit I do have
      > some sympathy for that view (the potential for redeeming 'evil'), but only to a point - I do think the Luciferic
      > element can be redeemed, but not the Ahrimanic, as I think
      > anthroposophists term that part - I see that more as the dark matter,
      > the charcoal as it were that is left behind after the sacred fire has
      > burned.
      >

      > As for Hibernia, actually my father's side (the pagans!) are
      > from the Isle of Man, which is a small island between the West coast of
      > the UK and Ireland. As with many of the small islands around the UK it
      > was a once a centre for druidic worship and naturally I take an
      > interest in the ancient mysteries. (of all cultures, not just this one, I studied ancient
      > Greek history and have looked into the Sumerian
      > and Egyptian systems as well). My mother's family I don't know much
      > about as she was adopted, however, we know she came from the West
      > country and her name suggests Jewish background, but it's really an
      > unknown quantity. I tend to see her as Faerie Queen-ish, as one often
      > does with one's mother!
      >

      > Cx

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic