46267Re: Peter Staudenmaier Goes Into Orbit

  • ted.wrinch
    Mar 8, 2011
      Some theories are that he was put down as a trouble maker because: the Romans were worried that he could unify the Jewish people as their messiah; he challenged Rome by calling for non-violent resistance to high taxes and land seizures (Crossan's thesis).

      T.

      Ted Wrinch

      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "val2160" <wdenval@...> wrote:

      > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "ted.wrinch"
      > <ted.wrinch@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Frank's response over in the Hole to Peter's orbit was:
      > >
      > > "You are an miserable, egotistical, slanderous, arrogant, abominable
      > liar
      > > Peter."
      > >
      > > I don't think that the term 'arrogant' adequately describes the state
      > of mind of an 'historian' that, without qualification, believes:
      > >
      > > that the crucifixion was only 'an act ordered and carried out by Roman
      > colonists against jews'.
      > >
      > > 'Ego-maniac' would seem to be a more accurate description.
      > >
      > > T.
      > >
      > > Ted Wrinch
      >

      > Um, what crime was the execution for?-Val
      >

      > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "ted.wrinch"
      > ted.wrinch@ wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Frank and a couple of others here seem to have pushed all Peter S.s
      > go buttons at once, and he has lifted off into orbit on a wave of
      > far-left, anti-semitic-fighting, racism-attacking ardour. All his left
      > progressive, atheist, spirit-scoffing and dishonesty mirror neurones
      > appear to be firing at once:

      > > > He's defending the world against esotericists and anthros and other
      > anti-intellectual, democracy-hating scum, And he's making America safe
      > for Americans by shoring up the crumbling church-state barricades:

      > > > He knows the truth! 2000 years of supine xtianity, slathering at the
      > bit to get the Christ killers, reading false gospels from lying,
      > duplicitous evangelists, are being shown by our intrepid spirit-scoffer
      > - making the world safe for neo-marxism and atheism again! - to be the
      > racist, anti-Semitic, conspiracy-loving rabble that our intrepid hero
      > for the anti-spirit has always known them to be. The enlightenment has
      > been pouring from his keyboard, as his fingers try to keep up with his
      > (solipsistic) planet sized brain; we should be awed by the scholarly
      > wisdom that is now flowing and that tells us that that the crucifixion
      > was only 'an act ordered and carried out by Roman colonists against
      > jews', and was completely unconnected with the Sanhedrin. After 2000
      > years we finally know the truth - the gospels were simply wrong!
      > > >
      > > > It's also so cool that Peter is here to correct us as we are :
      > "unfamiliar with our own traditionÂ…[and] frequently unfamiliar with
      > basic aspects of Christian tradition, indeed of virtually any religious
      > traditions [sic]". It's amazing that Peter has such knowledge of
      > xtianity, knowledge that the evangelists, the co- founders of the
      > religion, didn't have, and that Peter can now provide for us all. We
      > should feel blessed!
      > > >
      > > > So that's great Peter! I feel that my foggy, anti-rational,
      > homo-phobic, white-supremacist, academic-hating, anti-Semitism-loving
      > brain and self have now been corrected, chastised and reprimanded for
      > their erring ways by your judicious, balanced, accurate, sensitive, deep
      > and far-ranging account.

> [...]
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic