44095Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Da Vinci a master of the elements

    Apr 5 9:24 PM
      Oh okay, I think these two are representing the two who show up at the Transfiguration in the Garden when the disciples could not stay awake......................ugh............Elijah and Moses..thank you wiki...terrible dottie. Yes, on the right one can see in the hands we have the horns, I saw that earlier today and I thought moses but I didn't know the other....the other is Elijah and how you can know is by looking at his forehead...this is the same forehead as John the Baptist, they have the same angel and he shows himself in the forehead... okay, d

      --- On Mon, 4/5/10, dottie zold <dottie_z@...> wrote:

      From: dottie zold <dottie_z@...>
      Subject: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Da Vinci a master of the elements
      To: anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, April 5, 2010, 6:28 PM

      Okay friends, been looking at these two for a while:

      And I realize that Da Vinci was a master of the elements...sort of in line with what is purported to be so with Solomon....I am really shocked to see this painting come alive when looking at it and I realized that this is why I can always find these little mysteries in his paintings: he is working with elemental beings in the paint and this creates a magicalness that I have never ever seen elsewhere.

      If one looks to the horizon of this, one will find a whole slew of faces coming into being and also the Christ, or maybe Krishna or someone coming in...maybe scythianos.....somone...buddha is here to the right hanging out along side of an egyptian figure.

      But the  children...something is written behind the painting across the face of the one with longer hair...and interesting is that he is showing the children...well, take a looksee when you have time and notice the curls in the hair to the right and follow that line towards the other young child....he has painted in a way that actually 'speaks' to man as eurythmy does in a way....d

      From: elfuncle <coolvibes@...>
      To: anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, April 5, 2010, 3:03 PM

      I just published a final blog article related to the season that is now coming to a close, with the title The 40 days between the Resurrection and the Ascension. It's about Gnostic sources (pointing to Pistis Sophia as an excellent example), the Pagan background against which the Mystery of Golgotha took place, the difference between the picture language of the Buddha in the parables and the Socratic explanations of these parables given to the disciples.

      I'm also making an endeavor to place the works of Rudolf Steiner in the proper historical context, not only with regard to the past, but also with an eye towards the future, quoting from a lecture (GA 211) where he talks in some detail about the essence of the Christ's teachings to his disciples during this 40 day period.