      Fra: jmn36210 <jmn36210@...>
      Emne: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Fishing the GA of a Fish-Initiate
      Til: anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com
      Dato: fredag 26. februar 2010 04.35

      Juan wrote [message #43281]:

      "My feeling is that as long as we think of Karma as a "principle", a "law", etc.
      in the abstract, we won't reach a Christian understanding of it.

      <snip>

      Talking of karma is not compatible with "consciousness soul" or "Christian"
      feelings. This does not mean that it doesn't exist, it means that if we don't
      learn to think in a very different way about it, it is useles. "Karma", as
      concept, is not Christianized yet. I suggest that "karma" and "destiny"
      disappear, (...)"

      ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---

      Rudolf Steiner [GA 114 - September 26, 1909]:

      "It would, however, be sheer misapprehension to imagine that what the Law of Karma enables us to understand is not also implicit in the words of the Gospel of St. Luke. It is indeed there, only we must realize that the needs of the human soul differ in different epochs and that it is not always the task of the great emissaries in world-evolution to impart the absolute truth in abstract form, because men at different stages of maturity simply would not understand it; the great pioneers and missionaries must speak in such a way that men receive what is right and suitable in a particular epoch.<snip>

      Anyone possessed of faculties that can be kindled by spiritual science will realize from the voice of his own soul that the teaching of Karma and Reincarnation is indispensable. It must be remembered however that evolution is not fortuitous and in point of fact it is only now, in our own time, that human souls have become sufficiently mature to discover these truths through their own insight. It would not have been a good thing to give out the teaching of Karma and Reincarnations exoterically a few centuries ago; and it would have been detrimental to evolution if the present content of spiritual science — for which human souls are longing and with which research into the foundations of the Gospels is connected — had been imparted openly to mankind a few hundred years earlier.<snip>

      Humanity has only now become sufficiently mature to assimilate the spiritual content of the teaching of Karma and Reincarnation.<snip>

      Therefore Karma and Reincarnation were not taught as abstract doctrines, but feelings were cultivated through which human souls would gradually become ready to receive this teaching. What was needed at that time was to speak in a way that could lead by degrees to an understanding of Karma and Reincarnation rather than any enunciation of the teaching itself.<snip>

      It was necessary that these feelings should flow into the souls of men. The souls then living, to whom the teaching was given in this form, were not, until they were again incarnated, ready to receive, as wisdom, the teaching of Karma and Reincarnation.<snip>

      But Christ had also to provide for the appearance, in later times, of an Individuality who would bring to humanity in a form compatible with subsequent evolution, that for which men would by then be ready.<snip>

      Thus Christ provided for the subsequent appearance of an Individuality able to bring Christianity to a further stage of development. Moreover the mission of the Individuality who had been awakened in the young man of Nain is destined to permeate Christianity later on, and to an ever-increasing extent, with the teachings of Karma and Reincarnation — teachings which when Christ was on Earth could not be proclaimed explicitly as wisdom, because the human soul had first to receive them into the life of feeling."

      The Individuality of the young man of Nain, was reincarnated in the 3rd century
      as Mani/Manes - and initiated CRC in 1459.

      And, by the way, Rudolf Steiner did mention that his own mission was
      first and foremost --- the teaching of Karma and Reincarnation.

      Jean-Marc

      Bruger du Yahoo!?
      Er du træt af spam? Yahoo!Mail har den bedste spambeskyttelse, der findes
      http://dk.mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic