42466the two-slit experiment with light

  • Mikko Nuuttila
    Nov 1, 2009
      Has anyone truly wondered about the nature of the two-slit experiment with light?
      It is easy to perform at home:
      you cut two vertical slits on paper and shine light through them on a wall from an appropriate distance.
      When the distance is appropriate, you'll see light on the wall as if from many vertical slits.
      In quantum physics, the phenomenon is explained in terms of the dual particle/wave nature of light
      and in terms of refraction but I find the terms tell me absolutely nothing phenomenologically.
      I would prefer some more occult terms perhaps.
      If you come up with something, let me know.

      Mikko

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic