41743Man turned inside out and the edible fig

    Sep 5, 2009
      Hey Friends,

      I've been thinking about a few things having to do with Revelations 13 because E brought it to my attention. And the disagreement was over 'a' man or 'man'....I think he's right and I'm not although I haven't agreed yet:)

      In any case I was thinking about this 666 and today on my walk I came to the thought of the Betrayal by Judas and also by Peter. (Mr. Hale I am sure I am going to hear from you on this but bear me out.) If we look at what ChristJesus says before the cock crows thrice' we realize its in three twenty four hour periods....that is 3x6 = 666 (2+4 = 6) x 3.

      So I've been looking at the idea of betrayal by us or to others, knowingly or unknowingly, and realized that possibly Peter's experience speaks of the healing process in each of our own spirit bodies. If we just look at our own selves, without looking at any betrayal against us, our own betrayals to others, could be in the word or in deed, or in thoughts etc., we can begin to see that what plays out afterwards, and I think this has to be true for those on the initiatic path and recognize it, you will have to do this thing that the calling of Peter by Jesus at the end of John, did: recapitualation of the deed and the forgiveness, or maybe the righting of  the betrayal is a better way of saying it.

      Those who recognize they are on the initiatic path or think that they are trying to be true to what we understand as a path towards our conscious development, we can be conscious of these moments such as occurred to Peter. Peter answered in the affirmative that he would do what was called for him to do to heal the betrayal by his own soul. And this was to Christ....well thats an interesting question: At the end of John when Jesus appears in the Phantom body...I will say Jesus, to the apostles, Magdalene and the women, is this Jesus or Christ? Or are they united as in ChristJesus? I am not sure anyone has spoken on this or if anyone can point to where Rudolf Steiner speaks of this.....

      Hmmm.....

      Okay, the other thing I was looking at is something I just read in a reference portion of Habakkuk:

      "(fig tree ...vines...olive. See note on Judg. 9 - 8-12.
      blossom.  The edible fig, which is the blossom: ie. the receptacle containing a large number of minute unisexual flowers growing to a succulent.)"

      Dottie: So, I go and check on this unisexual flower and I am taking into consideration this picture here:

      File:Masaccio-TheExpulsionOfAdamAndEveFromEden-Restoration.jpg

      and noticing his genitals and then thinking what we have is man turned inside out! The woman is within originally and then the man is turned inside out and thus we have the fig tree....

      7. Syconium: Inflorescence Of The Figs (Ficus)
      In a strict botanical sense fig "fruits" are actually inside-out flower clusters (inflorescences) called syconia. They are hollow, fleshy structures composed of modified stem (peduncular) tissue, lined on the inside with hundreds of minute flowers. At one end is a small opening (ostiole) lined with dense, overlapping scales. Calimyrna syconia contain only female flowers and must be pollinated in order to ripen. Each tiny flower consists of a five-parted calyx and an ovary with a long style. Following pollination and fertilization the ovaries develop into minute one-seeded drupelets with a hard inner layer (endocarp) surrounding the seed. The seed-bearing drupelets produce the superior nutty flavor and crunch. Without pollination Calimyrna syconia fail to ripen and drop from the branches.
      Left: A view inside the syconium of a rustyleaf fig (Ficus rubiginosa). The syconium is lined with numerous apetalous, unisexual flowers. Right: The unisexual flowers of Ficus palmeri. The male flower consists of a stamen subtended by sepals. Female flowers consist of a pistil (gynoecium) subtended by sepals. Using its threadlike ovipositor, the female fig wasp can oviposit through the short style but not the long style. Therefore, the ovaries of short-style flowers contain a wasp larvae, while the ovaries of long-style flowers contain a seed.
      Syconia Of Common Edible Fig (Ficus carica):
      1. The syconium is a complex inflorescence (flower cluster) consisting of a hollow, fleshy structure (peduncular tissue) lined on the inside with numerous tiny unisexual flowers. The ripe syconium is not a true fruit in the strict botanical sense. It is actually a fleshy, flask-shaped, modified stem lined on the inside with many tiny one-seeded fruits. The mature fig syconium is also called a multiple fruit because it is composed of numerous ripened, seed-bearing ovaries derived from numerous female (pistillate) flowers.
      Stamen-Bearing Syconium Of The Male Caprifig
      Female Syconium Packed With Long-Style Flowers
      2. Ficus carica has 2 sexual forms, the "male" caprifig and the female tree (edible fig). Caprifig trees are monoecious with separate male (staminate) flowers and short-style female (pistillate) flowers within the syconia. It is functionally male because it produces pollen. The caprifig syconia also contain wasp larvae inside the ovaries of female flowers because the egg-laying wasp is able to oviposit through the short styles into the ovaries of these flowers. Since a hungry wasp larva occupies each ovary, fig seeds generally do not develop.
      3. Edible fig syconia contain only long-style female flowers. Seeds develop within the ovaries of these flowers since the styles are too long for the female wasp to oviposit through. Her ovipositor is not long enough to penetrate the ovaries of these flowers so she does not deposit an egg. Fig seeds develop inside the ovaries of long-style flowers since there is no larva to eat them. Since functional male trees are bisexual (hermaphroditic), Ficus carica is considered gynodioecious rather than dioecious.

      And then interestingly enough, we can also look at the flower used mostly around Christmas time: the Poinsettia....now I never wondered why the poinsettia but it has a very similar manner as the fig, male and female.....

      6. Cyathium: Inflorescence Of The Euphorbia Family
      One of the largest genera of flowering plants is Euphorbia with approximately 2,000 species. This enormous genus belongs to the very diverse euphorbia family (Euphorbiaceae) with at least 7,500 species. The variation within this genus is astonishing, from low-growing garden weeds called spurges to giant, cactus-like succulents that rival in size our North American sahuaro and organ-pipe cacti. South African euphorbias have evolved succulent, spine-covered stems that greatly resemble North American cacti, a biological phenomenon known as convergent evolution. It is difficult to believe that all these diverse forms belong to the same genus as the showy garden euphorbia called poinsettia (E. pulcherrima) until you carefully examine the blossom. The showy, red, modified leaves of poincettia are not petals. In fact, they are not even part of the true flowers. They surround clusters of small, greenish, cup-shaped structures called cyathia. Each cyathium is actually a flower cluster or inflorescence containing unisexual, apetalous male and female flowers. The inconspicuous male flowers occur in clusters and are reduced to a single red stamen, while the female flower consists of a single ovary (pistil) on a stalk (pedicel). In poinsettia the ovary is hidden within the cyathium, but in other species the ovary protrudes out of the cyathium at maturity. The rim of the cyathium also bears one-several, greenish nectar glands that are attractive to insect pollinators. In some species the glands are subtended by petal-like bracts (petaloid appendages). Poinsettias typically have only one greenish gland per cyathium and no petaloid appendages. This flower plan is quite different from the typical floral plan, but it is the basic theme in virtually all members of the amazing genus Euphorbia. It should be noted here that some authorities place the prostrate, herbaceous euphorbias (called spurges) with C-4 photosynthesis in the genus Chamaesyce.
      Poinsettia (Euphorbia pulcherrima) in full bloom at Christmas time in southern California. Left: Bright red modified leaves (A) surround a central cluster of greenish-yellow flower clusters called cyathia. Right: Each cup-shaped cyathium (B) contains a cluster of red stamens (D) which are the male flowers. Inside each cyathium is a hidden female flower (not shown) consisting of a single, minute ovary. The rim of the cyathium bears a greenish-yellow nectar gland (C).

      Chamaesyce albomarginata, a prostrate, native euphorbia (spurge) that grows throughout dry chaparral hillsides and inland valleys in southern California. A: Cup-shaped cyathium (involucre) containing several minute stamens (male flowers) and a pistil or gynoecium (female flower) with a large ovary on a long stalk. B: Petaloid appendage extending from the rim of cyathium. C. Oval gland at the base of a petaloid appendage. D. Ovary of a female flower on a stalk that extends out of the cyathium. The ovary is glabrous (without pubescence) and develops into a multiseeded dry fruit or capsule. E. White membranous scale composed of united stipules at the base of the leaves.