41719Re: Camelot

  • val2160
    Aug 30, 2009
      http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/08/29/politics/main5274088.shtml?tag\
      =cbsContent;cbsCarousel

      <dottie_z@...> wrote:

      > Hi Friends, with Ted Kennedy passing there has been alot of coverage
      of speeches he made on the television and in the newspapers. I thought
      it so interesting I found myself experiencing what others had termed as
      Camelot. There is this nobility that somehow exudes in a way off of
      those brothers. Considering what Ms. Shriver did as well with the
      forming of the Special Olympics and her overall cando spirit I do feel
      that this family somehow in someway felt aligned with some higher caller
      as a whole. I never really put any attention to this when others would
      say it but listening in on Ted Kennedy's thoughts at various times in
      his life kind of surprised me.

      > One of the things I found interesting is that they were thinkers. And
      this thinking was trying to align itself with God and at the same time
      with the social considerations that man finds himself in today.

      > I have an article from the times that I want to share a comment he
      made at Liberty Liberty Baptist College at the invitation of Jerry
      Falwell:

      > " People of conscience should be careful how they deal in the word of
      their Lord. In our own history, religion has been falsely invoked to
      sanction prejudice - even slavery - to condemn labor unions and public
      spending for the poor. I believe the prophecy, 'The poor you have always
      with you' is an indictment, not a commandment.' (...) quoting Pope John
      Paul XXIII "We must beware of those who burn with zeal but are not
      endowed with much sense."

      > I also found it interesting that when he was trying to figure out the
      boundaries between supporting pro choice laws and morality along the
      religious lines. They say the Kennedy family pulled together a group of
      religious scholars, mostly Jesuits, The article shares that the 'great
      Jesuit Rev. John Courtney Murray, influenced who 'distinguished between
      the moral aspects of an issue and the feasibility of enacting
      legislation enacting legislation about that issue.'

      > " The Hyannis Port theologians agreed that Catholic lawmakers 'might
      tolerate legislation that would permit abortion under certain
      circumstances if political efforts to repress this moral error led to
      greater perils to social peace and order.'

      > The more I consider the greatness, coolness, clearness, agreeing or
      not agreeing, in some of the top Jesuit teachers, not their essoterists,
      I find them so well aligned with the Rabbinical thinking! It's just that
      they understand Jesus to have come but the thinking, the push in both of
      these religious mannerisims are one after the other in a way. The Jesuit
      scholars and the Rabbis have really brought a clear thinking, again
      agreeing or not with what they share is besides the point, to the moral
      elements of the Bible.

      > All good things,
      > Dottie
      >
      > "If there is something more powerful than destiny, this must be the
      human being who bears destiny unshaken." Rudolf Steiner

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic