41718Camelot

    Aug 30, 2009
      Hi Friends, with Ted Kennedy passing there has been alot of coverage of speeches he made on the television and in the newspapers. I thought it so interesting I found myself experiencing what others had termed as Camelot. There is this nobility that somehow exudes in a way off of those brothers. Considering what Ms. Shriver did as well with the forming of the Special Olympics and her overall cando spirit I do feel that this family somehow in someway felt aligned with some higher caller as a whole. I never really put any attention to this when others would say it but listening in on Ted Kennedy's thoughts at various times in his life kind of surprised me.

      One of the things I found interesting is that they were thinkers. And this thinking was trying to align itself with God and at the same time with the social considerations that man finds himself in today.

      I have an article from the times that I want to share a comment he made at Liberty Liberty Baptist College at the invitation of Jerry Falwell:

      " People of conscience should be careful how they deal in the word of their Lord. In our own history, religion has been falsely invoked to sanction prejudice - even slavery - to condemn labor unions and public spending for the poor. I believe the prophecy, 'The poor you have always with you' is an indictment, not a commandment.' (...) quoting Pope John Paul XXIII "We must beware of those who burn with zeal but are not endowed with much sense.."

      I also found it interesting that when he was trying to figure out the boundaries between supporting pro choice laws and morality along the religious lines. They say the Kennedy family pulled together a group of religious scholars, mostly Jesuits,  The article shares that the 'great Jesuit Rev. John Courtney Murray, influenced who 'distinguished between the moral aspects of an issue and the feasibility of enacting legislation enacting legislation about that issue.'

      " The Hyannis Port theologians agreed that Catholic lawmakers 'might tolerate legislation that would permit abortion under certain circumstances if political efforts to repress this moral error led to greater perils to social peace and order.'

      The more I consider the greatness, coolness, clearness, agreeing or not agreeing, in some of the top Jesuit teachers, not their essoterists, I find them so well aligned with the Rabbinical thinking! It's just that they understand Jesus to have come but the thinking, the push in both of these religious mannerisims are one after the other in a way. The Jesuit scholars and the Rabbis have really brought a clear thinking, again agreeing or not with what they share is besides the point, to the moral elements of the Bible.

      All good things,