41557Re: Steiner on sociopaths

  • sim1dmg
    Aug 1, 2009

      Hi Adrian, I agree being judgmental may be dangerous and bad thoughts certainly don't do any good to yourselves. I believe what you call `instant karma', as well as short, medium and long term karma, so we should be very careful of how we judge others, and I also agree that, with very few exceptions, we haven't idea what others' spiritual reality really is.

      Hugs, :)

      Simone

      -- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Adrian Hansen" <anthropop1@...> wrote:

      > Hi Simone,
      > Yes I did mean someone 'initiated'like Steiner,ofcourse in a court of law that would not be accepted !The highest authority to judge is ofcourse Christ! As for our personal freedom to judge others I do agree there is a certain freedom but it will always be a subjected view. There is a spiritual law that says that even thoughts have an affect on other beings and we are responsible for our own thoughts and the effects they have. Personally I have experienced this as an 'instant karma'effect many times, till I got the message of how this law works :)Love Adrian
      >

      > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "sim1dmg" simonedim@ wrote:
      > >

      > > I agree Tarjei, as long as we're not considered authority, we're free to
      > > make psychiatric and spiritual diagnoses and let anyone know about them.
      > > I think (suppose) Adrian meant 'Steiner' where he wrote 'right
      > > authority', but since Steiner isn't here, what (I think) he really meant
      > > is that we should just leave it alone.
      > >
      > > He's right in that, if anyone gave a penny for my psychiatric/spiritual
      > > diagnoses I wouldn't throw them around carelessly.
      > >
      > > Hugs,
      > >
      > > Simone
      > >
      > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "elfuncle"
      > > <coolvibes@> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Adrian Hansen"

      > > of
      > > > other souls should be left to the right authority.
      > > >
      > > > That appeal to authority would be limited to courts of law in cases of
      > > > criminal charges. Psychiatrists already have tremendous power when the
      > > > question of someone charged with a serious crime is "normal" or not is
      > > > raised, whether the person is responsible for his or her own actions
      > > and
      > > > so on.
      > > >
      > > > Other than that, every juman being has the right to make judgments
      > > about
      > > > other human beings with regard to one's own relationship to other
      > > > people. In other words, the very notion of authority suggests a
      > > > situation where someone is to be punished, incarcerated, committed to
      > > > institution or subjected to medical treatment or therapy by a court of
      > > > law.
      > > >
      > > > Outside the scope of such drastic action, there is no room for
      > > > authority, and no human being needs any external authority to make
      > > > personal judgments about other human beings. In other words, if I
      > > decide
      > > > that someone is possessed by demons or has no ego and for that reason
      > > > want nothing to do with that person, it's my right and privilege to
      > > make
      > > > that judgment for myself, and no authority has the right to decide or
      > > > overrule my personal judgments in any area.
      > > >
      > > > Every human being has the right to be his or her own judge in all
      > > > matters of existence and social matters without any interference by
      > > > authority whatsoever.

> [...]

    • Show all 68 messages in this topic