41556Re: Steiner on sociopaths

  • Adrian Hansen
    Jul 31, 2009
      Hi Simone,
      Yes I did mean someone 'initiated'like Steiner,ofcourse in a court of law that would not be accepted !The highest authority to judge is ofcourse Christ! As for our personal freedom to judge others I do agree there is a certain freedom but it will always be a subjected view. There is a spiritual law that says that even thoughts have an affect on other beings and we are responsible for our own thoughts and the effects they have. Personally I have experienced this as an 'instant karma'effect many times, till I got the message of how this law works :)Love Adrian

      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "sim1dmg" <simonedim@...> wrote:

      > I agree Tarjei, as long as we're not considered authority, we're free to
      > make psychiatric and spiritual diagnoses and let anyone know about them.
      > I think (suppose) Adrian meant 'Steiner' where he wrote 'right
      > authority', but since Steiner isn't here, what (I think) he really meant
      > is that we should just leave it alone.
      >
      > He's right in that, if anyone gave a penny for my psychiatric/spiritual
      > diagnoses I wouldn't throw them around carelessly.
      >
      > Hugs,
      >
      > Simone
      >
      > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "elfuncle"
      > <coolvibes@> wrote:
      > >

      > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Adrian Hansen"
      > > anthropop1@ wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi Mike,
      > > >
      > > > As my post before relates to your question, I think that judgement
      > of
      > > other souls should be left to the right authority.
      > >
      > > That appeal to authority would be limited to courts of law in cases of
      > > criminal charges. Psychiatrists already have tremendous power when the
      > > question of someone charged with a serious crime is "normal" or not is
      > > raised, whether the person is responsible for his or her own actions
      > and
      > > so on.
      > >
      > > Other than that, every juman being has the right to make judgments
      > about
      > > other human beings with regard to one's own relationship to other
      > > people. In other words, the very notion of authority suggests a
      > > situation where someone is to be punished, incarcerated, committed to
      > > institution or subjected to medical treatment or therapy by a court of
      > > law.
      > >
      > > Outside the scope of such drastic action, there is no room for
      > > authority, and no human being needs any external authority to make
      > > personal judgments about other human beings. In other words, if I
      > decide
      > > that someone is possessed by demons or has no ego and for that reason
      > > want nothing to do with that person, it's my right and privilege to
      > make
      > > that judgment for myself, and no authority has the right to decide or
      > > overrule my personal judgments in any area.
      > >
      > > Every human being has the right to be his or her own judge in all
      > > matters of existence and social matters without any interference by
      > > authority whatsoever.
      > >
      > > Tarjei

    • Show all 68 messages in this topic