41532Re: Benny in the Bathtub Bulletin

  • Mike helsher
    Jul 28, 2009
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith" <eltrigal78@...> wrote:

      > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Ben Gilberti <b7gilberti@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Attached is the July Issue of the Prosperos Newsletter [Bathtub Bulletin]
      > > in which I'm featured with two articles I wrote, "Infinity Resonating
      > > in Finite Definition," and "God and Watermelon", and and a handful of
      > > other articles and jokes I've submitted to the publication.
      > >
      > > The
      > > Prosperos was the organization that trained me in Fourth Way
      > > Ontological Mysticism, beginning in 1971, certifying me to teach the
      > > subject in 1976.
      > >
      > > Both above mentioned articles, however, reflect relatively new Vichara insights.
      > Hi Ben,
      > Sounds like the Greek (and anthroposophical) "Man, know thyself". What does, however, seem strange to me is when you say that knowledge is not necessary.
      > Frank

      Good question Frank, and something that has been on my mind lately: the idea of knowledge itself, and its correlation with discernment. Steiner suggested the sacrifice of thoughts, which is to throw them into the fire. From our linear perspective, this is completely baffling, to me anyways. We acquire all this completely personal "characterological disposition" as these individual life experiences progress, and then we're asked to throw it all in the fire. I guess you get to see and feel what's left, but I'm a bit dumb founded buy the experience, and I have no words that can explain it. But here I am, writing these words.

      Best

      Mike
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic