41484Re: Anthroposophy and Psychognosis

  • Mike helsher
    Jul 2, 2009
      Thanks Richard,

      This reminds me of "anarcosophy" Tarjei's creation, or my rather silly and rhetorical "bohimeosophy" invention, or any other of a dozen or so recent written individual descriptions of the experience of self. I think it sweet to see so many individual discriptions about "a mystical knowledge based upon direct experience – not books, science or religious beliefs." Just like we all have a different face.

      Best

      Mike

      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "dick.richardson@..." <dick.richardson@...> wrote:

      > Anthroposophy and Psychognosis
      >

      > I don't know when for I have not even read him, but it is claimed
      > that Steiner coined the term Anthroposophy, and which plainly means
      > Anthrop = Man, or Human; and Sophia = Wisdom. This would stand in
      > contrast to Scientific Wisdom and the so called `wisdom' of
      > Priestcraft and their religions. Maybe a wee bit similar to the
      > original (not latter day) gnostics of antiquity, with a mystical
      > knowledge based upon direct experience – not books, science or
      > religious beliefs. And it IS SO and there to be found.
      >

      > Back in the nineteen sixties I was looking for a word which could not be
      > mistaken or contain a bias at the time due to cultural nurture,
      > indoctrination, education and brain washing. So I came up with the word
      > Psychognosis. I thought I was the first to invent it, but later when
      > computers came on the scene I think some American guy had already used
      > it way back. However, I did not know that until years later and after
      > writing books it was too late to change it.
      >

      > But my meaning of Psychognosis is; Psyche = Self, and Gnosis = a
      > mystical transcendent knowledge (wisdom) gained by integrating with that
      > part of our SELF. No gods or demons and pixies or fairies or hob goblins
      > or beliefs involved, just REALITY as is and consciousness. No science
      > (albeit that I am a great fan of science and always was, but it cannot
      > find consciousness).
      >

      > So, I was wondering if or what correlations exists twix what Steiner
      > said and what I have said. I guess I will soon find out.
      >

      > Dick Richardson
      >
      > Exmoor, UK.
      >
      > http://www.psychognosis.net <http://www.psychognosis.net/>
      >

      > as also found on