41467Re: Good Anger?

  • Kim
    Jun 17, 2009
      No, I found it when looking for Hanlon's Razor.

      It liked the quote as it had a special significance for me.

      As a young boy I got easy angry, I was an easy victim of teasing, but that ended when I came in the teen's.

      Twenty year ago a manager had disappointed me, so I was angry and couldn't sleep in three days, before I told him what I thought about the problem. Then he told me how to behave in a private company, but three dayes later I became a raise. That was the last time I was uncontrolled angry, I had learned not to have bigger trust in a person than he could bear.

      I few years later a system administrater was scolding my group because we had used one of his chairs, calling us thieves and other things like that. I could then feel the anger, but I had it so much under control that I could decide if I wanted to use it or not. I chose to use it and I told him to behave, angry but under full control. From that time he became extremely serviceminded toward me, which wasn't his normal behavior. I havent had any need for anger since.

      I think it's a good example for Aristotle quote.

      Kim

      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "write3chairs" <write3chairs@...> wrote:

      > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Kim" wrote:
      >
      > > Anybody can become angry, that is easy; but to be angry with the right
      > > person, and to the right degree, and at the right time, and for the
      > > right purpose, and in the right way, that is not within everybody's
      > > power and is not easy.
      > > Aristotle
      >
      > What a great quote, Kim! Very thought provoking.
      > I wonder about the context of this. Do you know?
      > Was he speaking to a specific instance of anger?
      >
      > Jenny

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic