41434Re: The Internet and the Spidermesh

  • barbara_penzance
    Jun 1, 2009
      Hello,
      Yes, this 'interlocking web' is already in place; it's like a grid stretching over the whole earth, and it is what makes spiritual perception so difficult. What science sees as electromagnetic impulses, the clairvoyant can see as a sort of demon-infested net.
      See also this bit:-

      "Well, the whole way in which people construct machines varies greatly according to the nature of the machine in question; but everything tends towards the gradual development of these still imperfect, primitive machines into a kind of machine which depends upon vibrations, and where the aim is to make the machines effective by means of vibrations or oscillations, by means of movements which run a periodic course. Everything is hastening towards such machines. But if once these machines in their coordinated activity could be constructed in such a way as can be learned from the distribution of foodstuffs in the organization of the cow, then the vibrations which would be conjured up on the earth-globe through the machines, these small earth-vibrations, would so run their course that what is above the earth would sound together with, vibrate together with what is happening on the earth; so that our planetary system in its movements would be compelled to vibrate with our earth-system, just as a string tuned to a certain pitch vibrates in sympathy when another one is struck in the same room.

      That is the terrible law of the sounding in unison of vibrations which would be fulfilled if the alluring call of the cow would so decoy the orient that it would then be able to penetrate in an absolutely convincing way into the unspiritual, purely mechanistic civilization of the west and centre; and thereby it would become possible to conjure up on the earth a mechanistic system fitting exactly into the mechanistic system of the universe. Through this everything connected with the working of air, with the forces of the circumference, and everything connected with the working of the stars, would be exterminated from human civilization. What man experiences, for instance, through the cycle of the year, what he experiences through living together with the sprouting, budding life of spring, with the fading, dying life of autumn — all this would lose its import for him. Human civilization would resound with the clattering and rattling of the vibrating machines and with the echo of this clattering and rattling which would stream down upon the earth from the cosmos as a reaction to this mechanisation of the earth."

      The cosmic Beings have found it very hard to get through to humans in the last 7 years, because of this 'net' covering the earth.

      Steiner saw these things a hundred years ago; they weren't 'prophecies' in the sense of forecasts which may or may not happen, they were definite stages which would come about. But because of the failure of "Plan A" for the 20th century, things have been accelerated. We have the War of All Against All (egoism) for instance, right now.
      We also have more power, though. Steiner points out somewhere that Christ's incarnation had to be brought forward by several hundred years; similarly now, although we are facing things which shouldn't have happened for thousands more years, we do have the spiritual strength to cope with them. And evil doesn't last for very long; it has the seeds of its own destruction within it.

      Love, Barbara

      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "lightsearcher1" <lightsearcher1@...> wrote:

      > From the aforementioned New York Times "Superbrain" article:
      >
      > "...a self-aware computing system would emerge spontaneously from the
      > interconnections of billions of computers and computer networks..."
      >
      > http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/24/weekinreview/24markoff.html
      >
      > Comment:
      >
      > With our near-obsessive use of this modern tool ("even the Elect shall
      > be deceived") and the continuous ramping up of its technical capacities,
      > it is quite possible we are setting down the objective
      > material/spiritual foundations of the interlocking ("internet-ed") mesh
      > of ahrimanic beings Steiner described in 1921.
      >
      > : : :
      >
      > A Picture of Earth-Evolution in the Future
      >
      > Lecture by Rudolf Steiner
      > Dornach, May 13th, 1921 (GA 204)
      >
      > ...But try to imagine what will happen if men go on unfolding no other
      > kinds of thoughts until the time is reached in the eighth millennium for
      > the moon-existence to unite again with the earth.
      >
      > These Beings of whom I have spoken will gradually come down to the earth
      > -- Vulcan Beings, `Supermen' of Vulcan, `Supermen' of
      > Venus, of Mercury, of the Sun, will unite with this earth-existence.
      >
      > But if human beings persist in nothing but opposition to them,
      > earth-existence will pass over into chaos in the course of the next few
      > thousand years.
      >
      > It will be quite possible for the men of earth, if they so wish, to
      > develop a more and more automatic form of intellect.
      >
      > But that can also happen amid conditions of barbarism.
      >
      > Full and complete manhood, however, cannot come to expression in such a
      > form of intellect, and men will have no relationship to the Beings who
      > would fain come towards them in earth-existence.
      >
      > And all those Beings of whom men have such an erroneous conception
      > because the shadowy intellect can only grasp the mineral nature, the
      > crudely material nature in the minerals, plants and animals, nay even in
      > the human kingdom itself — all these thoughts which have no reality
      > will in a trice become substantial realities when the moon unites again
      > with the earth.
      >
      > And from the earth there will spring forth a terrible brood of beings, a
      > brood of automata of an order of existence lying between the mineral and
      > the plant kingdoms, and possessed of an overwhelming power of intellect.
      >
      > This swarm will seize upon the earth, will spread over the earth like a
      > network of ghastly, spider-like creatures, of an order lower than that
      > of plant-existence, but possessed of overpowering wisdom.
      >
      > These spidery creatures will be all interlocked with one another, and in
      > their outward movements they will imitate the thoughts that men have
      > spun out of the shadowy intellect that has not allowed itself to be
      > quickened by the new form of Imaginative Knowledge by Spiritual Science.
      > All the thoughts that lack substance and reality will then be endowed
      > with being.

> [...]
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic