40969The Shroud

  • Rick Distasi
    Apr 5, 2009
      This morning I saw the most intriguing documentary on the shroud that I have ever seen before. I had to share it with others. It was on the EWTN channel. The premise of the documentary was that the body of Jesus was "upright" when the image of Jesus was transcribed(?) onto the shroud. Not only was the body upright but the body was suspended in mid-air. You would have to take into consideration the positions of the feet as they are not the position of one lying supine. The "negative" image of light around the eyes is also not of one lying supine nor standing nor is the positioning of the hair.

      This, speaking for myself, answers questions I had about that which RSteiner spoke of in regard to the ashes of the body of Jesus of Nazareth which had descended into a fissure that opened in the floor of the tomb. It now becomes easier to picture this very event . . . the ashes of the body of Jesus emptying out of the shroud and then pouring into the earth and the earth then closes up again.

      From http://www.asis.com/users/stag/shroud/newevid.html

      "THE MAN WAS IN AN UPRIGHT POSITION WHEN THE IMAGE WAS TRANSFERRED TO THE CLOTH"

      "THE MAN WAS "ILLUMINATED" FROM ABOVE THE HEAD"

      "Stop for just a second and try to imagine the scene. A dead body suspended in air, brightly illuminated from above the head. Oh, and don't forget the flattened position of the shroud. The shroud is also no longer lying horizontal. "

      rick distasi
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic