40571Re: CIA Dummheit

  • write3chairs
    Feb 27, 2009

      > Panetta (sp?), Obama's new head of the CIA told the press that he
      > advised the President that the economic situation could (or is..I
      > forget) cause instability in Latin America, especially in Argentina,
      > Ecuador and Venezuela. It's caused a huge stink here, the govt calling
      > it absurd, disrespectful, false, immature, intervening in eternal
      > affairs, etc. etc. dressing down the ambassador. Of course the
      > economic situation is causing problems here and I assume in Ecuador
      > and Venezuela as well, but the latter 2 are at odds with the U.S. and
      > Argentina definitely is not...until now. And everyone loves
      > Obama...until now. And "instability" here means falling govts., coups,
      > terrorism. So where is that guy's brain? Just saying it, in his
      > position, can help it to happen.
      > Just letting off steam.
      > Frank

      This is intriguing because it shows how much influence "one voice" can
      have. A guy says something - in this case, the CIA (talking) head
      offering what seems to be merely information or an opinion - and that
      something gets passed around and chewed on, digested by many other
      someones, and before long governments and institutions come crumbling
      down, all because that ONE GUY opened his big fat mouth.

      Maybe we ought to all take vows of silence, to prevent trouble.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic