39816Re: The Abyss vs Christianity & Watchman Fellowship

  • write3chairs
    Jan 12, 2009
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "elfuncle" wrote:

      > ... Don McLean's big hit from the early seventies,
      > "American Pie," is on the cult watchlist because it allegedly
      > "prophesies the destruction of America":

      Actually, I just came across this, on last.fm ...

      Don McLean, (born October 2, 1945 in New Rochelle, New York) is an American singer-
      songwriter, most famous for his 1971 ballad "American Pie", about the plane crash that killed
      Buddy Holly, Richie Valens and the Big Bopper. The song spawned the phrase "The Day the
      Music Died", referring to the day of the crash.

      Perhaps this is common knowledge, I don't know.
      The watchlist people either didn't know this or saw that
      twisting it a different way served their purposes better.

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic