39802Re: Punk Song

  • write3chairs
    Jan 10, 2009
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "elfuncle" wrote:

      > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, dottie zold wrote:
      >
      > > But still, I wanna know why am I the baddie with Frank?? :) d
      >
      > It's the Jet Song from West Side Story. I just replaced the
      > names, so you became Action, Frank became Tony and so on.
      > The lines and the lyrics were already there:
      >
      > http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/westsidestory/jetsong.htm

      So, that makes me Baby John. I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

      I loved your story about being in that play, Tarjei. What great
      memories! My daughter is going to be performing in "Lysistrata"
      in April. Rehearsals and casting haven't started yet, though.

      Here's the description of it at the university website:

      Are women the weakest sex? Does their soft skin and feminine form
      decide their fate in life? Love can make a fool of you, but desire
      can drive you crazy. ?This Greek classic by Aristophanes was the
      first to promote "make love, not war."

      When the women of Greece get together and weave a sexual war of `wit
      and want' to get their men to end the war, the men find that enemies
      of foreign lands don't appear to be as tough nor as important as the
      war women can wage at home. Keeping an oath of celibacy is not as
      easy as originally supposed. As time goes by, we find it is the love
      we share that we miss the most. Who will give in first? The golden
      rule of Athens was `he who has the gold rules,' but history may
      prove `she who can refuse rules.'
      http://ah.utdallas.edu/season0809/lysistrata.htm

      Punks rule. :)

      Cheers,