3919Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Peter's definitions (was: Tarjei on racial evolution)

  • Detlef Hardorp
    Apr 1, 2004
      Tarjei wrote: For instance, Detlef asked you the following question: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/anthroposophy_tomorrow/message/3460, where I asked: "were the "yellow and red, brown and black" races ever "main races" for Blavatsky?  I could, of course, equally well ask: were the "yellow and red, brown and black" races ever "root races" for Blavatsky?
      PS responded: I have answered those questions, many times over. Both theosophical and anthroposophical literature in Steiner's day consistently used the terms "race" and "root race" interchangeably, as well as the terms "Rasse", "Hauptrasse", and "Wurzelrasse". I have provided a number of examples from Blavatsky and from Steiner. Indeed the German terms "Hauptrasse" and "Wurzelrasse", as well as various combinations of the two, were both used interchangeably for the term "root race" in the original German translation of Blavatsky's Secret Doctrine, the one that Steiner relied on, as I have pointed out several times. Steiner himself used the terms interchangeably in his book Aus der Akasha-Chronik (Cosmic Memory).
      Mr. Staudenmaier, I put my question in boldface.  Please take a second to compare my question to your response.
      OK? Done that?  My unanswered question concern the "yellow and red, brown and black" races, not whether "root race" and "main race" were used interchangably or not.
      So, once again, a bit shorter will do: "were the "yellow and red, brown and black" races ever "root races" for Blavatsky?
      Looking forward to an answer!
      Best regards, Detlef Hardorp
    • Show all 32 messages in this topic