36661Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Jesuits and Al Qaida (was: bondarev)

    Mar 5 11:44 AM
      I like Catherine and respect her work. I disagree with her paper and had found it to be full of holes. The paper was written not from an esoteric stand point but from her own look at the situation which is and was colored by the words put forth by Rudolf Steiner on the Jesuits and the Catholic path. So is my understanding of reading the paper and debating it with her. Right after that we no longer spoke as she felt that I was just reacting like everyone else. I was not. I had gone bit by bit with it and found lots of personal insights that did not feel objective at all. But that's true for most of all of our works in any case.

      Problem is, so it seems to me, is that she and Stephen, Joel, and a few others felt that the remarks against her paper were personal and not objective and that the Steiner students objected as they couldn't bear to see their teacher defamed. I found that her paper was full of holes period and many leaps of faith had to be made in order to believe it as it was her opinion off of what she read not off of an esoteric research point of view.

      She has too much good work to be skewered for that one paper. However I also find the Tomberg students used this paper to continue their need to have Steiner on par with Tomberg.

      All good things,
      Dottie

      Mike Helsher <mhelsher@...> wrote:
      I've read a bit of controversy about this famed article on this list. I haven't read the whole thing myself though. [Brother] Tom seemed to have her an a pedestal  when he mentioned her - do whatever you want - simplistic spin that came out of her first reading of the POF.  I've never heard of this woman before and I wonder what kind of legacy she has left so far. There are alot of good writers out there; I suppose Peter Staudenmaier is on of them. Brother Tom as well. What are the deep down motives for what they write? I ask this because I started writing a book recently and I'm asking myself this question every day. Perhaps the title to the book "Thinking with the power of Love" lends itself to more self scrutiny but still it has me questioning any form of frozen concepts place into cryogenic word  freeze.

      After reviewing some of [Brother] Toms recent writings on this list, the old Goethe quote popped into my head: "thinking about thinking would drive one mad".

      Best

       Mike Helsher
      http://www.michaelhelsher.lifesuccessconsultants.com/
      http://www.thewealthguardian.com/
      PS. I'm launching a free publication I'm calling "The Wealth Guardian" here in AZ with a first distribution of around 10,000 that will seek to re-define the idea of wealth in all areas of human experience. Its good advertising for my coaching and speaking business but it will also be open to all sorts holistic wealth endeavors. I'm revamping the website and I'm looking for content in many different areas. Let me know your ideas!