29094Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Beliefs - Thoughts - Faith

  • Tarjei Straume
    Sep 20, 2006
      Dottie wrote:

      >It's interesting to me that Walden who is not and other Science is
      >King fundamentalists do not see the leap of faith it takes to
      >believe that some apes evolved into speaking human beings and some did not.

      I've been there too. If the Hole Dwellers haven't, perhaps they need
      to chew on the riddles of astro-genesis and biological origins and
      such for a while.

      Before I participated in anthro-e-groups, I explored various usenets,
      newsgroups. I had a lot of fun at talk.origins. The majority were
      material science freaks very arrogantly sure of their spiritless
      universes, and they had answers for everything. They were baiting
      creationosts, Christian fundies, and had a ball beating up on them.
      When I crashed the party, agreeing and disagreeing withg both teams,
      they were at first bewildered, and then they ganged up on me, and the
      thread I started became exceptionally long, running about 200 posts.
      I tried to recruit some fellow anthros, and the only person who
      showed up was Jack Walker; the guys with "geisterforscher" in his
      email address who was a Moonie and a Scientologist and an
      Anthroposophist and a superseer all rolled into one; this was long,
      long before we had "the battle of the century" or something like that
      which Tom called it over at Anthropos Views a little later in 1998 or 1999.

      I stayed on for quite some time at talk.origins, because you know me,
      I'm a mean and cruel person, and I couldn't resist the temptation to
      join the science freaks in their sport of fundy-bashing.

      My favorite moment was when I raised the question to a creationist
      how many insects were onboard Noah's Ark. They had to survive the
      flood too, and there were two of each kind, remember, a male and a
      female. Mr and Mrs Ant, Mr and Mrs Fly, Mr and Mrs Mosquito, Mr and
      Mrs Wasp, Mr and Mrs Beetle, etc. There was a professional biologist
      onboard who confirmed there are at least 30,000 species of insects,
      and after posing this problem of Noah to the fundy, I couldn't sleep
      at night for laughing so hard I was shaking. I literally saw it in
      front of me, all these giant, large, medium, small, tiny, and
      microscopic creatures onboard Noah's Ark with 60,000 insects, two of
      each kind, literally bugging the tigers, the elephants, the goats,
      the wolves, the giraffes, the kangaroos, the leopards, the bears, the
      hogs, the horses (lots of horses: two Mustangs, two Fjordings, all
      the different race horses, Zebras etc.) plus plenty of dogs (two
      German Shepherds, two Cocker Spaniels, two Huskies, etc.) There are
      different tigers too, like the Siberian tigers, and there are African
      and Indian elephants, and they all had to be there onboard Noah's Ark
      for 40 days and 40 nights without eating each other perhaps because
      they were too busy fighting off ticks, fleas, flies, bees, ants, and
      so on - sixty thousand individual insects.

      Anyway, my initial contention with the science freaks was the
      statement that life comes from life, and not from dead matter. That
      life coming from life and not from something dead is more logical.
      It's all here:

      http://uncletaz.com/usenet/talkorigins/lifelife.html

      Just to say I've been there. Not going back there either. Repeating
      oneself like constipated persons do is a waste of one's lifetime. My
      advice to those who wish to go there: Have a ball with it, crack
      jokes about Noah's insects, write songs about it afterwards, have a party.

      Ooop, I almost forgot: About apes evolving into humans, there's no
      discrepancy there with the Book of Genesis if you only apply some
      imagination to it. I'm a theologian too when I feel like it, and I've
      solved this riddle. It was originally inspired at talk.origins, where
      I first posted the banana story in 1998, and later on I shared it
      with Anthropos-Views in 1999:

      When priests and pastors and artists and people in general talk about
      the Garden of Eden, about Adam and Eve and the Fall and all that,
      they're talking about an apple tree, that the apple was the forbidden
      fruit. Where do they get this apple from? Not from the Bible. It must
      be something about the American Bible belt and apple pie, but I did
      indeed read somewhere that the Tree of Knowledge was a banana tree.
      Anyway, some theologian thought so. Which really set my imagination
      spinning. It makes perfect sense. And every time I visit those adult
      websites and see all them women doing kinky things with bananas, I
      understand what Eve was up to, and why sex is associated with Original Sin.

      When the forbidden banana became the prime diet of Adam and Eve and
      their offspring, they climbed the trees and became hairy and
      degenerated into monkeys. That was the curse. The banana had such an
      immediate magic effect that when Jehovah came looking for Adam and
      Eve but couldn't find them, they were up in the trees already,
      screeching and throwing coconuts and banana peels at him, and
      decorating their genitalia with leaves and flowers. No wonder he got
      mad and kicked them out.

      This theory not only reconciles Darwin and the Bible (it was a big
      hit on talk.origins), but it lends credence to social darwinism.
      Anthropologists are always studying monkeys to explain the human
      soul, based upon the theory that we are all monkeys who somehow lost
      our fur, straightened up our spines, and began to talk, read, and
      write and so on. And as Rudolf Steiner once pointed out, the social
      anthropologist doesn't say "Not I, but Christ in me" like the apostle
      Paul. On the contrary, he says, "Not I, but the fully developed
      monkey in me." (Does anybody remember a reference on that one?)

      Cheers,