28579Re: sorry folks, but have to repeat myself once again

  • Steve Hale
    Aug 1, 2006
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Joel Wendt <hermit@...>
      wrote:

      > Where in the below, is the free moral thinking of the individual
      human
      > being? What do you mean by schools? If this statement below has the
      > meaning it seems to suggest (it is unclear to me, being considerably
      > abstract), then why did Steiner say his enduring legacy would be The
      > Philosophy of Spiritual Activity, rather than the lecture cycles
      (which
      > originally he didn't want recorded)?
      >
      > joel

      Joel,

      Have you ever read the chapter entitled: The Character of Occult
      Science, from the book, "Outline of Occult Science"? It concerns the
      free will and choice involved in taking up the effort to acquire
      supersensible knowledge, which few do; except those drawn by their own
      soul disposition to do so. And these make up the fraternity of the
      anthroposophical movement. Steiner was counting on the fact that some
      would hear, in the longing for something that most people would either
      ignore, deride, or actively oppose. And he outlines it in this chapter
      quite cogently.

      Steve
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic