27863Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: Position open: "stunt double"

  • Frank Smith
    Jul 15, 2006
      Hi, Stephen,
      Nice to hear from you again. It would be nicer still if I knew what the fuck you're saying. So could you please condense, edit out anthro-psycho-babble, and re-submit?
      Thanks.
      Frank

      On 7/10/06, Stephen Clarke <mozartg@...> wrote:
      Dear Frank:

      Ha!

      List-discussions do bring out the Double in one; you are "bingo" on
      that!  Now we could llok at our own posts as if through the eyes of
      another, what revelations could be found, what material for self-
      humbling!  And, oh, yes, I include myself.

      But note: this medium not only inflates one's own double-tendencies,
      it can also infect one with turbulent and divisive tendencies which
      one would not normally "channel." Check Steiner on the subnatural
      undertow.

      And: Steiner has described how certain adversarial beings, held in
      check by a combination of cosmic law and lack of personal free will,
      agitate free humans to do their dirty work for them; to act out their
      dark fantasies. Luciferic abstraction and crusading idealism can all-
      too-easily flip into its Ahrimanic opposite - if we didn't learn this
      from Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot, and Lenin, not to mention whatever failed
      gurus we like to think of, well, then, what can I say.

      Men and women of good will can disgaree about all kinds of
      substantive issues - and most will be "right", according to their own
      mix of information and personal experience.  But look at _how_ these
      things are discussed...there a second level of discourse - the real
      one - is exposed!

      Beware! This dreck can be a vortex for an active emitting of exactly
      those tendencies which are inimical to the spirit of any progressive
      spirituality. To what wheel do you wish to lend your shoulder: to one
      that grinds and smashes or to one that carries everyone forward?

      Frank: you are sometimes stubborn on issues which I think are settled
      counter to your opinion ( e.g.: I think that the Official
      Explanations are frequently the biggest and least
      believable "conspiracy theories" of all; frequently their only virtue
      is a superficial simplicity; "Go back to sleep"), but I'll take a
      stubborn rationality over a credulous fanatacism any day. That kind
      of thing should be put well in check _before_ any serious spiritual
      work is undertaken.

      oh well, cheers,

      Stephen

      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com , "Frank Smith"
      <ftsster@...> wrote:

      > On 7/7/06, Steve Hale <sardisian01@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com , "Frank Smith"
      > > <ftsster@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Steve H. wrote:
      > > > "jackass". Later, waving his arms desperately like a windmill,
      he
      > > cried:
      > > > "You jackass!" both times directing his infantile venom towards
      > > the noble
      > > > Don Q. Q, however, does not consider this an insult, for he
      knows
      > > that the
      > > > jackass is a noble animal:
      > >
      > > What you consider infantile, I take seriously; which is why we'll
      > > never, ever have a truly serious and sincere discussion.  Ever.
      And

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/I3dslB/TM

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --