27608Re: true perception of Nature Spirits

  • Steve Hale
    Jul 4, 2006
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, laquerencia33@...
      wrote:

      > I would simply prefer a descriptive term that didn't refer to a
      particular
      > ethnic group. It isn't necessary today to use a prejorative term
      like
      > Arabism which reflects on what is in reality a large and very
      > heterogenious group of people. Why can't the Occident/West take
      > responsibility for its own plundering and psychological splitting
      instead
      > of demonizing other religious traditions?

      I used this term in order to indicate the "arabism" that began in
      the middle east some 1340 years ago, bringing forth the
      intellectualism of a material world, and then migrated into Europe
      in order to bring the logical empiricism ascribed to thinkers like
      Bacon, Locke, and Hume. This is the thinking that spread through
      Europe until a certain redemption of the Greek roots took place with
      German Idealism.

      And this "arabism" would migrate across the ocean to where we are
      today, some 400 years later. America is the center of the "arabism"
      I'm talking about, not Islam. And now, 1340 years after it all
      started in 666 AD, America rules this place as the controlling force
      in the middle east. Quite paradoxical, it seems, and deserving of
      all the pejoratively descriptive tersm we can come up with.

      Steve
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic