27524Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Interesting Quote

  • Mike T
    Jun 30, 2006
      Have I got this right? By this statement are you inferring that R.J. Stewart
      (whoever that may be) was writer of the Matthew gospel?

      Mike T

      >From: Joel Wendt <hermit@...>
      >To: anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Interesting Quote
      >Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 15:23:27 -0700
      >
      >Always have to consider the source, R. J. Stewart teaches magic and
      >stuff. Here is that odd fellow from 2000 years ago:
      >
      >Woe to you canon-lawyers and Pharisees, you fakes, for cleaning off the
      >rim of your cup and saucer while on the inside you're bursting with
      >greed and wild appetites. Blind Pharisee, wash out the inside of the
      >cup and saucer first, if you want the outside to end up clean! Woe to
      >you canon-lawyers and Pharisees, you fakes, for being like dusty
      >monuments that look pretty on the outside but on the inside are full of
      >the bones of corpses and all kinds of rot. You likewise from the
      >outside appear to the world to be decent, but inside you're full of
      >hypocrisy and ways around the law. Matthew 23: 25-28
      >
      >I wonder what He was talking about, if not self-development? Care to
      >share Jo Ann?
      >
      >warm regards,
      >joel
      >

      >Jo Ann Schwartz wrote:
      >
      > > Although I have been following this list intermittantly for the past
      > > couple of weeks
      > > -- as the 271 unread emails in my list mail box will attest -- I
      > > thought the
      > > following quote from RJ Stewart was appropos for the discussion:
      > >
      > > "I often think that self-development is essentially a materialistic
      > > false goal, masquerading as something supposedly spiritual."
      > >
      > > Musing on the paths taken and passed by....
      > > JoAnn

      > > *****Cheney delenda est!*****

      Meet Sexy Singles today @ Lavalife - Click here
      http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D22740&_t=751140432&_r=emailtagline_meetsexy_june&_m=EXT
    • Show all 43 messages in this topic