2509Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Rudolf Hess

  • at@ael...
    Feb 26, 2004
      Daniel wrote:
      "Peter, you state that "...abundant evidence is contained in two anthroposophist sources..." I am hoping you can be more specific, because I haven't been able to find it."
      Peter Staudenmaier:
      You haven't? Werner's book has an index. It contains 44 references to Hess. There are whole sections with titles like "Hess' erneuter Einsatz für die biologisch-dynamische Wirtschaftsweise." Are you saying that you disagree that Hess played a major role in protecting anthroposophists and their projects during the Third Reich?
      Daniel:
      Well, I found those. I'm just curious which ones you think have been misinterpreted by Werner, as Werner doesn't see any of them as painting Hess an Anthroposophist. Neither do I really see any of them as evidence that Hess was actually a follower of Steiner. As I stated earlier, I consider reading Steiner a requirement for meeting the definition of a follower or devotee or acolyte or anthroposophist. Hess used his position as Hitler's Deputy to defend quite a few people besides anthroposophists; I don't see in this fact any evidence of a  personal devotion to Rudolf Steiner. Roger Manvell and Heinrich Fraenkel's biography shows that Hess ran after just about every form of alternative health around at the time, and as such he was bound to run into anthroposophists in the medical field eventually. Does this make him a follower of Steiner?

      And let's be clear, I am trying to establish whether Hess was a "follower of Steiner" or an anthroposophist, not whether his office protected biodynamic farmers after anthroposophy was outlawed.

      Daniel Hindes
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic