2463Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Rudolf Hess

  • Peter Staudenmaier
    Feb 25, 2004
      Hi Daniel, you wrote:
      "Peter, you state that "...abundant evidence is contained in two anthroposophist sources..." I am hoping you can be more specific, because I haven't been able to find it."
      You haven't? Werner's book has an index. It contains 44 references to Hess. There are whole sections with titles like "Hess' erneuter Einsatz für die biologisch-dynamische Wirtschaftsweise." Are you saying that you disagree that Hess played a major role in protecting anthroposophists and their projects during the Third Reich?
      "For example, where did Hess get the information that he used to formulate his diet? Did he read Steiner, or get it from a magazine article?"
      I don't know. How might one find out something like that? The sources I cited say that he was fastidious about keeping a biodynamic diet.
      "On the other hand, if he formed his views on information from a friend of a friend, then the connection to Steiner is rather tenuous."
      I can't entirely agree with that understanding of "tenuous". We aren't looking for instances of personal influence, are we? I think we're looking for the influence of specific ideas, practices, and so forth, which are very frequently conveyed third-hand, or via magazine articles, and so forth.

      Mit schönen Grüßen von Yahoo! Mail.
      Für die Bilder Ihrer Lieben - Yahoo! Fotos - kostenlos!

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic