22255Re: Kan Bacab

  • Stephen Clarke
    Feb 2, 2006
      Dear Dottie:

      <dottie_z@...> wrote:

      > Dearest Stephen,
      >
      > I have to thank you for your patience while conversing
      > with me on a subject that is very dear to your heart
      > and one that you have spent many years contemplating.
      > In my earnestness to open up to something sometimes I
      > am too forthright in a thing and I could use a little
      > more consideration in my words. Pardon me.

      Uh, for what? When you are like you have been recently it is a
      delight.

      > And with that I would like to share a gift you have
      > given me and it is that I have been looking, since the
      > Holy Nights, for the connection between the Four
      > Archangels and Christ. And I have been looking to see
      > how they interrelate with Christ specifically. This
      > site I share with you has to do with an understanding
      > of how the Bacab's were the sons of the Most High God
      > of the Mayan tradition and how they were sent to the
      > Four Corners of the Earth. But something about how
      > they are one with Christ is what I had been looking
      > for. And now I have found it on my travels researching
      > some of what we were speaking on.
      >
      > http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread36095/pg
      >
      > I want to offer that I think it is really hard to
      > really come up with a final say as to what color and
      > what pole each of these amazing Four Brothers share. I
      > find them to be on a pole of sorts that has to do with
      > the Kabala and the dance inherent within it. I believe
      > there is an ongoing shift and they are not static.
      > That seems to make the most sense to me in all of the
      > studies I have looked at.

      Your intuition on this is correct. Any particular aspect of such a
      deity or spirit like these is a variable; they can shift or chage
      from culture to culture, from one time-period to another, or between
      different planes of access. Or the beings themselves may swap
      aaspects - the pre-Columbians in particular were crazy about this,
      although there was a method to their madness. But the
      essential "signature" or underlying quality of any elemental
      Direction was constant, i.e; North is structure and dissolution of
      structure, Dark Goddess qualities are always found here, etc.

      Christ is most frequently accessed from without through the West -
      the station of Love, although since his essential marker is his
      identification with the Self, it is the Fifth Direction of the Center
      which is his home plate. Interesting, becasue the Direction of the
      Center has no spatial extension; likewise, the Ego has no body in the
      sense that the physical, etheric, or astral do. And any Center
      point is identical with every other Center point. One who is familiar
      with mathematical theory on this will find a big inspiration on the
      nature of the Christ with this. And it is true: if I find my Center
      in Christ, I have also found yours. Being without dimension, a point-
      entity can go or be - is - anywhere.

      Those people on the link you posted are well-intentioned but
      esoterically uninformed. The similarities between traditions in
      different parts of the world come primarily from their individual
      ability to contact and commune with constant and fixed inner-plane or
      spiritual realities. Yes, there was a lot more navigation and
      migration than we give ancient peoples credit for, but that was
      secondary. And any pair of languages is going to have some odd
      matches; that in itself doesn't prove anything - that's grasping at
      straws.

      S.
    • Show all 33 messages in this topic