22077Re: Christ in America - Underworld levels

  • holderlin66
    Jan 19, 2006
      We sometimes wait for some very solid commentary on thoughts we have
      raised and research we have made in the Michael School. Well here is
      some very solid commentary on some of our previous research
      together. The Nine Beatitudes and the Nine Woes were discussed way
      back under the above heading theme, but it took this amount of time,
      from then till now, to have something ripen in the thought world
      that could only be sketched at the time. And at that time, back
      then, we were considering the NINES, the depths of the Nines and its
      impact upwards into the Foundations Stone Meditation and the
      Ninefoldness lodged in Dante, the Norse, the Aztecs and at the core
      of the I AM structure. Some of you might remember this discussion.

      Below I bring the new aspects that the world provides for those who
      remain awake but not knowing where to apply the depth of the model
      of the Beatitudes to the structure of the human being and the
      science of being human, others offer the Michael School their best
      richness, if you can find it.

      And of course in all the wonderful threads that arise on this list,
      we naturally lose all navigational ordering and placement as to what
      we are looking for in ourselves and the universe. We Anthros
      actually lose what we were thinking about because we place so little
      value on it, yet the world continues to think and each person places
      a high value on their strivings. And if we came over some similar
      sounding territory, we, Anthros, would more than likely not
      recognize it if it bit us in the ass.

      Below is a very, very rich addition to the thoughts we unfolded
      regarding the Woes and the Sermon on the Mount.

      Pharisee Nation
      by John Dear

      "We have become a culture of Pharisees. Instead of practicing an
      authentic spirituality of compassion, nonviolence, love and peace,
      we as a collective people have become self-righteous, arrogant,
      powerful, murderous hypocrites who dominate and kill others in the
      name of God. The Pharisees supported the brutal Roman rulers and
      soldiers, and lived off the comforts of the empire by running an
      elaborate banking system which charged an exorbitant fee for
      ordinary people just to worship God in the Temple. Since they taught
      that God was present only in the Temple, they were able to control
      the entire population. If anyone opposed their power or violated
      their law, the Pharisees could kill them on the spot, even in the
      holy sanctuary.

      "Most North American Christians are now becoming more and more like
      these hypocritical Pharisees. We side with the rulers, the bankers,
      and the corporate millionaires and billionaires. We run the
      Pentagon, bless the bombing raids, support executions, make nuclear
      weapons and seek global domination for America as if that was what
      the nonviolent Jesus wants. And we dismiss anyone who disagrees with
      us.

      "We have become a mean, vicious people, what the bible calls "stiff-
      necked people." And we do it all with the mistaken belief that we
      have the blessing of God.

      "In the past, empires persecuted religious groups and threatened
      them into passivity and silence. Now these so-called Christians run
      the American empire, and teach a subtle spirituality of empire to
      back up their power in the name of God. This spirituality of empire
      insists that violence saves us, might makes right, war is justified,
      bombing raids are blessed, nuclear weapons offer the only true
      security from terrorism, and the good news is not love for our
      enemies, but the elimination of them. The empire is working hard
      these days to tell the nation--and the churches--what is moral and
      immoral, sinful and holy. It denounces certain personal behavior as
      immoral, in order to distract us from the blatant immorality and
      mortal sin of the U.S. bombing raids which have left 100,000 Iraqis
      dead, or our ongoing development of thousands of weapons of mass
      destruction. Our Pharisee rulers would have us believe that our wars
      and our weapons are holy and blessed by God.

      "In the old days, the early Christians had big words for such
      behavior, such lies. They were called "blasphemous, idolatrous,
      heretical, hypocritical and sinful." Such words and actions were
      denounced as the betrayal, denial and execution of Jesus all over
      again in the world's poor. But the empire needs the church to bless
      and support its wars, or at least to remain passive and silent. As
      we Christians go along with the Bush administration and the American
      empire, we betray Jesus, renounce his teachings, and create
      a "Church of Christ without Christ," as Flannery O'Connor foresaw.

      "Troublemaking Nonviolence, the Measure of the Gospel

      "The first thing we Christians have to do in this time is not to
      become good Pharisees. Instead, we have to try all over again to
      follow the dangerous, nonviolent, troublemaking Jesus. I believe
      war, weapons, corporate greed and systemic injustice are an
      abomination in the sight of God. They are the definition of mortal
      sin. They mock God and threaten to destroy God's gift of creation.
      If you want to seek the living God, you have to pit your entire life
      against war, weapons, greed and injustice--and their perpetrators.
      It is as simple as that.

      "Every religion, including Islam, Judaism, Hinduism and Buddhism, is
      rooted in nonviolence, but I submit that the only thing we know for
      sure about Jesus is that he was nonviolent and so, nonviolence is
      the hallmark of Christianity and the measure of authentic Christian
      living. Jesus commands that we love one another, love our neighbors,
      seek justice, forgive those who hurt us, pray for our persecutors,
      and be as compassionate as God. But at the center of his teaching is
      the most radical declaration ever uttered: "love your enemies."

      "If we dare call ourselves Christian, we cannot support war or
      nuclear weapons or corporate greed or executions or systemic
      injustice of any kind. If we do, we may well be devout American
      citizens, but we no longer follow the nonviolent Jesus. We have
      joined the hypocrites and blasphemers of the land, beginning with
      their leaders in the White House, the Pentagon and Los Alamos.

      "Jesus resisted the empire, engaged in nonviolent civil disobedience
      in the Temple, was arrested by the Pharisees, tried by the Roman
      governor and executed by Roman soldiers. If we dare follow this
      nonviolent revolutionary, we too must resist empire, engage in
      nonviolent civil disobedience against U.S. warmaking and imperial
      domination, and risk arrest and imprisonment like the great modern
      day disciples, Martin Luther King, Jr., Dorothy Day and Philip
      Berrigan.

      "If we do not want to be part of the Pharisaic culture and do want
      to follow the nonviolent Jesus, we have to get in trouble just as
      Jesus was constantly in trouble for speaking the truth, loving the
      wrong people, worshipping the wrong way, and promoting the wrong
      things, like justice and peace. We have to resist this new American
      empire, as well as its false spirituality and all those who claim to
      be Christian yet support the murder of other human beings. We have
      to repent of the sin of war, put down the sword, practice Gospel
      nonviolence, and take up the cross of revolutionary nonviolence by
      loving our enemies and discovering what the spiritual life is all
      about.

      "Just because the culture and the cultural church have joined with
      the empire and its wars does not mean that we all have to go along
      with such heresy, or fall into despair as if nothing can be done. It
      is never too late to try to follow the troublemaking Jesus, to join
      his practice of revolutionary nonviolence and become authentic
      Christians. We may find ourselves in trouble, even at the hands of
      so-called Christians, just as Jesus was in trouble at the hands of
      the so-called religious leaders of his day. But this very trouble
      may lead us back to those Beatitude blessings."

      holderlin previously wrote:

      Understanding the symptomology of the events of the world we can
      follow the political themes, the intellectual themes and lifes
      spiritual themes, under the heading of the wrong way to think about
      living reality. A building force of the shadow, the double, the
      failed concepts of education. The ninefold Foundation Stone and the
      ninefold failures of the inner corruption of the inner earth
      mysteries in the core of the human soul. Each Woe, could either be
      contrasted to a Beatitude or each Woe explored with current moral
      insights into our Political world. Stages and layers of corruption
      and deterioriation of the integration of the I AM complex with the
      internal core of the I AM.

      10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even
      Christ.

      11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

      12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that
      shall humble himself shall be exalted.

      [ONE] 13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for
      ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in
      yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

      [TWO] 14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye
      devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer:
      therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

      [THREE] 15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye
      compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye
      make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

      [FOUR] 16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever
      shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear
      by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!

      17 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the
      temple that sanctifieth the gold?

      18 And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but
      whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty.

      19 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the
      altar that sanctifieth the gift?

      20 Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by
      all things thereon.

      21 And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him
      that dwelleth therein.

      22 And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God,
      and by him that sitteth thereon.

      [FIVE] 23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye
      pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the
      weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these
      ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

      24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

      [SIX] 25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye
      make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within
      they are full of extortion and excess.

      26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup
      and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

      [SEVEN] 27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye
      are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful
      outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all
      uncleanness.

      28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within
      ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

      [EIGHT] 29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!
      because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the
      sepulchres of the righteous,

      30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not
      have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.

      31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the
      children of them which killed the prophets.

      32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

      33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the
      damnation of hell?

      34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and
      scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of
      them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from
      city to city:

      [NINE] 35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed
      upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of
      Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the
      altar.

      36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this
      generation.

      37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and
      stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have
      gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens
      under her wings, and ye would not!

      38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. "

      Bradford concludes;

      Dementia the loss of coherent language, addictive dysfunctional
      behavior, vast, mass blocs of souls who block their own thinking
      and "strain at a gnat and swallow a camel". Just taking this phrase
      of the inability to see either truth or the essential form the non-
      essential, the idea of SPIN and current ideas that see clearly
      before ones eyes, not only a President with Dementia, but straight
      up Lies like the Downing Street Memo and our troupes dying for a lie
      but the Media, the giant media constantly straining for gnats so we
      can continue to swallow the camel...

      Sometimes we might refer to this as the Elephant in the room. But
      without a doubt if we take the Foundation Stone of the Nine in sets
      of Threes, we can measure the dementia going deeper and deeper into
      the vast deception and ahrimanic darkness of the I AM when we look
      at the Woes. In GWB we can see that his relation to the Archangel
      world and thinking and speech did not reach deeply enough with his
      after life experiences. GWB has come down into incarnation with
      deliberate incapacities in the area where thinking, idealism,
      speech, the Word and sense of I AM might be alive, aren't in him

      What he has done and what others can testify they have done with
      drugs, drinking, cocaine, and malicious rebellion and self
      destructive behavior is a litany of crippling, killing, numbing and
      rejecting the higher soul faculties. It would be merciful, as with
      Ronald Reagan to watch his internal capacities dissolve. But what
      tragedy does a country have and do individuals maintain in
      themselves if they do not seek the idealism of thought, poetry,
      music and intuition out of ever deeper and more intimate regions of
      the I AM. For the I AM is nourished and becomes the sensitive core
      of higher and higher birthing of faculties.

      These higher faculties take us upwards into the vast regions that
      the Foundations Stone and the Dodecahedron of Steiner' explore.
    • Show all 154 messages in this topic