20823Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: I love a mystery

  • Frank Smith
    Nov 2, 2005
      "What no amount of academic training can bestow on a
      potential writer is the gift of words. It can add to
      his vocabulary, as can a sojourn among Billingsgate
      porters or beatniks, but it cannot teach the
      fundamental skill of putting words together in new and
      surprising patterns which, miraculously, reflect some
      previously unguessed truth about life. Shakespeare's
      supreme power in the exploitation of his native tongue
      sprang from a natural endowment, but it could only be
      fostered by the use and observation and love of
      English, a subject not taught in schools."
      (to be continued)

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/rAWabB/gYnLAA/i1hLAA/I3dslB/TM

      > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

      > Click here to rescue a little child from a life of
      > poverty.

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/rAWabB/gYnLAA/i1hLAA/I3dslB/TM

      http://farechase.yahoo.com
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic