18721Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: Anthroposophia and Spirit-Self and Character Assasinations

  • Jo Ann Schwartz
    Jul 27, 2005
      Frank Thomas Smith wrote:

      > I think that this insisting on the literalness of the Gospels has
      > been much understood. If, fe, we take the story of Jesus walking on
      > water, we get the image of a Yeshiva student ice-skating in summer.
      > But Steiner meant "literally" from a spiritual scientific point of
      > view, i.e., that they saw somethng other than his physical body
      > walking on water - which is hardly what the unwashed consider literal.

      Dear Frank,

      Oh, my! Thank you for this lovely -- nay, enchanting! -- image of Jesus as a
      solemn Yeshiva student ice-skating on the See of Galilee...

      Musing on the truth that can be found in the Imagination...
      JoAnn

      ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

      Jesus was an only son

      Jesus was an only son
      As he walked up Calvary Hill
      His mother Mary walking beside him
      In the path where his blood spilled

      Jesus was an only son
      In the hills of Nazareth
      As he lay reading the Psalms of David
      At his mother's feet

      A mother prays, "Sleep tight, my child, sleep well
      For I'll be at your side
      That no shadow, no darkness, no tolling bell,
      Shall pierce your dreams this night."

      In the garden at Gethsemane
      He prayed for the life he'd never live,
      He beseeched his Heavenly Father to remove
      The cup of death from his lips

      Now there's a loss that can never be replaced,
      A destination that can never be reached,
      A light you'll never find in another's face,
      A sea whose distance cannot be breached

      Well Jesus kissed his mother's hands
      Whispered, "Mother, still your tears,
      For remember the soul of the universe