1044Lucifer the liberator and Ahriman the liar

  • Tarjei Straume
    Jan 4, 2004
      At 20:36 04.01.2004, Dottie wrote:

      >There are two aspects to Lucifer that I understand. One above and one
      >below. The one below has begun a lie that this world is the true world and
      >he is the true God. And in that Lucifer lies.

      Ahriman is the World Prince:

      "Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be
      cast out." - Joh 12:31

      "Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world
      cometh, and hath nothing in me." - Joh 14:30

      "Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged." - Joh 16:11

      Ahriman is also the father of lies:

      "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do.
      He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because
      there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own:
      for he is a liar, and the father of it." - Joh 8:44

      Lucifer is the bringer of wisdom and liberty. His work is fulfilled by Christ.

      >Nuthin fundy about it.

      No, not necessarily, when we take into consideration that Milton also
      blended Ahriman and Lucifer into one in "Paradise Lost", and that even
      Goethe blended them in Faust's Mephistopheles, who, although basically
      Ahriman, became a sort of Lucifer-Ahriman. But the fundies are the
      forerunners of insisting upon this blend, declaring everything else to be
      heresy and devil-worship. You should see the fire-and-brimstone angry mails
      I have received from fundies because of my article "Children of Lucifer"
      http://www.uncletaz.com/childlucifer.html

      Tarjei
      http://uncletaz.com/
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic