103Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] The Divine Feminine

  • golden3000997@cs.com
    Nov 10, 2003
      Good Morning Rick et all!

      I had two separate experiences with the Jehovah's Witnesses in California. It
      was really funny! You see, I don't go around and knock on other people's
      doors and try to sell them my belief system, but when they do that to me, I
      consider them "fair game."

      The first time was two older ladies. Their question was "do you read the
      Bible?" LOL Well, I said "Certainly" and invited them in for coffee. After about
      30 or 40 minutes of dissertation on the opening of the Gospel of St. John, they
      were (literally) backing out of my apartment, edging against the wall. "Come
      on Mabel." One was saying. "I think we need to go now." And of course, they
      never came back, which is good because they tend to be like the hobos of the
      depression, who used to leave a mark on the front door or gate of a house that
      had offered hospitality, so the other hobos would go there.

      But a couple of years later, a young man came round (must have been a new
      recruit and didn't know the sign for "Keep Away" yet). I did the same thing and
      he kept saying "Come to a meeting and ask the Elders about that." I am pretty
      sure I was pointing out the two geneaologies to him. I told him "YOU go back to
      your meeting and ask the Elders about that!"

      After that, they distributed maps of the area to all new recruits with my
      house clearly marked.

      : ) Christine
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic