Re: [anthroposophy] RP1

  • Jan
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 15, 2003
      Re: [anthroposophy] RP1 On 15/12/03 3:11 pm, "Maurice McCarthy" <Maurice.McCarthy@...> wrote:

      Its just dawned on me, 10 mins ago, that my last post explains Christ to be
      his own Mother - explains the Virgin Birth to be a deep spiritual truth. I
      collapsed in tears that a smoking, drinking, hairy-arsed oil man was
      inspired by such an idea.

      Maurice

      Hello Maurice,
          It seems to me that in your thinking you raise mineral oil to heights of pure, etherised anointing oil. The sensation over the two halves of the brain you spoke of recently is, with me, a bit like trickling water or oil and reminds me of  ‘he anointest my head with oil, my cup runneth over..’
       To shed tears from such depths of spiritual feeling is to be Salt Man.... ‘Ye are the salt of the earth’
      Thanks for everything,
      Jan

    • Maurice McCarthy
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 15, 2003
        Love to you Jan

        Consciousness has the form of a butterfly.
        In human intelligence the wings are time and space.
        In human willingness the wings are wisdom and time.

        Maurice.

      • rickbobbs@yahoo.ca
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 16, 2003
          Dear Folks;

          There are certain things missing from these
          considerations, one of which is exemplified by the following:

          "It is a prejudice of contemporary, so-called enlightened human
          beings to believe that their thoughts are confined only to their
          heads. We would discover nothing of the things around us through
          thoughts if these thoughts were only within the heads of man. He who
          believes that thoughts are only in the human head is as prejudiced as
          one – paradoxical as this may sound – who believes that the drink of
          water with which he quenches his thirst originated on his tongue
          instead of flowing into his mouth from the glass of water. It is as
          ridiculous to claim that thoughts originate in the human head as it
          is to claim that the drink of water originates in the mouth. Indeed,
          thoughts are spread out all through the world. Thoughts are forces
          that dwell in all things. Our organ of thinking is simply something
          that partakes of the cosmic reservoir of thought forces, absorbing
          thoughts of itself. We therefore cannot speak of thoughts as if they
          were the possession only of the human being. Instead, we must be
          aware that thoughts are world-dominating forces, spread out
          everywhere in the cosmos. These thoughts, however, do not freely
          float about, as it were, but are always borne and worked upon by some
          beings; and most important, they are not always borne by the same
          beings.
          "When we make use of the supersensible world, we find through
          supersensible research that, up to the fourth century A.D., the
          thoughts with which human beings made the world comprehensible to
          themselves were borne outside in the cosmos (I could also say, `they
          flowed out' – our earthly terms are ill-suited for these sublime
          occurrences and states of being), that these thoughts were borne or
          flowed from those hierarchical beings that we designate as the
          Exusiai or beings of form.

          "The evolution of humanity now approached the fourth century
          A.D. In the supersensible world, thought brought about an extremely
          significant event; namely, the Exusiai – the forces or beings of
          form – gave their thought forces up to the Archai, to the primal
          forces or primal beginnings. The primal beginnings, or Archai, took
          over the task formerly executed by the Exusiai. Such things happen in
          the supersensible world. This was a particularly sublime and
          significant cosmic event. From that time on, the Exusiai, the form
          beings, retained only the task of regulating the outer sense
          perceptions, therefore ruling with particular cosmic forces over
          everything existing in the world of colors, tones, and so forth.
          Concerning the age that now dawned after the fourth century A.D., a
          person who can discern these matters must say that he beholds how the
          world-dominating thoughts are passed on to the Archai, the primal
          beginnings; how what eyes see and what ears hear, the manifold world
          phenomena engaged in perpetual metamorphosis, are a tapestry woven by
          the Exusiai. They formerly bestowed the thoughts on human beings;
          they now give human beings their sense impressions, while the primal
          beginnings bestow the thoughts on human beings.

          "What is really implied here? What am I trying to point out so
          intensely? It is the fact that human beings feel themselves more and
          more in their individuality. As the world of thoughts passes from the
          form beings to the primal beginnings, from the Exusiai to the Archai,
          man increasingly senses the thoughts in his own being, because the
          Archai live one level nearer man than the Exusiai. Now, when man
          begins to see supersensibly, he has the following impression. He
          realizes that this is the world that he perceives as the sense world.
          One side is turned toward his senses, the other is already hidden
          from the senses. Ordinary consciousness knows nothing of the
          relationships that are to be considered here. Supersensible
          consciousness, on the other hand, has the impression that between man
          and the sense impressions there are the Angeloi, Archangeloi, and
          Archai; they are really on this side of the sense world. Though one
          does not see them with ordinary eyes, they actually are situated
          between man and the whole tapestry of sense impressions. The Exusiai,
          Dynamis and Kyriotetes are actually located beyond this realm; they
          are concealed by the tapestry of the sense impressions. A human being
          having supersensible consciousness senses that the thoughts are
          coming closer to him since having been given over to the Archai. He
          senses them as being located more in his world, whereas formerly they
          were located behind the appearance of things; they approached man, as
          it were, through the red or blue color, or the tone of c-sharp or g.
          Since this transference of thoughts, man feels a freer association
          with the world of thoughts. This also gives rise to the illusion that
          man himself produces the thoughts." (16 Mar. 1923, in: The Inner
          Nature of Music..., 1983, pp.79-85)

          "The time has come when man must become conscious again of these
          matters, because otherwise the soul qualities of human nature will
          simply deteriorate. Through the increasingly intellectual, one-sided
          form of knowledge, man of today and ion the immediate future would
          have to become arid in his soul; the arts, grown one-sided, would
          dull his soul; and one-sided religion would drain him of his soul
          altogether, if he were unable to find the path that could lead him to
          an inner harmony and union of these three; if he could not find a way
          to rise himself – in a more conscious way than was formerly the case –
          and once again see and hear the supersensible together with the
          sense world." (Ibid, pg.90)

          Take care, and give care, Rick
        • Maurice McCarthy
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 16, 2003
            Rick

            Superb!! I've got to sit back and contemplate this for myself.

            Deepest Thanks
            Maurice

          • Maurice McCarthy
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 17, 2003
              Rick

              Still working on your post, magnificent timing for RP4 by the way, thanks
              again.
              Just learned that in 1996 the Vatican accepted the truth of evolution except
              for the creation of the soul. Would you know in which document? (Very
              limited internet access here. One painfully slow machine shared between 80
              folk.)

              Christine

              My daughter when had a book of children's tales from around the world.
              Amongst the tales was one of a Sioux myth that three children went to play
              in the forest and got lost. Tired, cold and hungry they were very
              frightened. They knew that they would have to sleep in the dark at the mercy
              of the beasts. So they settled in between some rocks but could not sleep. In
              the stillness of the night they began to hear small, quiet voices. Alarmed
              at first they listened carefully and began to realise that they were being
              told a most wondrous story. The stories continued nourishing their weary
              bodies. So enthralled were the children that they stayed day after day.

              Back at the village the search was frantic but they had to give up after
              several days, thinking that the wolves had carried them off. The children
              found their way back brimming with excitement and joy at all the tales they
              had been told. So enrapturing was their account that the whole village
              uprooted to go listen. Thus all the stories in the world were given by the
              stones to the people of the earth.

              The Powers of Form who moulded the mountains gave us our religions.

              Maurice

            • rickbobbs
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 19, 2003
                Dear Maurice, & Folks;

                The basic issue I wanted to draw attention to
                was the fact of involvement with non-perceptible, but living, beings
                in both our thoughts and sense-perceptions (and will). Being in a
                society where obvious living companions, such as the farm animals,
                have no other 'agenda' than to provide our material pleasures - and
                in the most egotistically profitable way possible, and the living
                landscape has no other agenda than to be a sandbox for 'landscrape
                starkitechts'; well, this background does make the possibility that
                our own personal being is also shared with other living things that
                have agendas and evolutionary needs of their own seem rather remote.

                The specific post was the only one that I've
                come across lately, and Steiner does elaborate more fully...."Occult
                Physiology" springs to mind. Also, on some of the other issues (there
                are only a few), I noticed that elib has "The Case for Anthroposophy"
                and "Theory of Knowledge Implicit in Goethe's World Conception" in
                the book section. First looks show good stuff. I intend to read
                later, but they're a month or two away on my list.

                I can't help you with the Vatican. Lost interest
                when I was a kid and noticed their anti-Christian wealth and
                mercantile idolatry.

                Take care, and give care....Rick
              • Maurice McCarthy
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 19, 2003
                  Dear Rick

                  " The basic issue I wanted to draw attention to was
                  the fact of involvement with non-perceptible, but living, beings in both our
                  thoughts and sense-perceptions (and will). ... well, this background does
                  make the possibility that our own personal being is also shared with other
                  living things that have agendas and evolutionary needs of their own seem
                  rather remote."

                  Yes, but it leads to the evolution of the soul, as in your last post, not as
                  epiphenomenal like Darwinism but by devolution from Christ and descending
                  through the hierarchies.

                  "Steiner does elaborate more fully...."Occult Physiology" springs to mind."

                  That's probably the only RS on my shelf that I've not read yet.

                  " I can't help you with the Vatican."

                  No problem, my friend.

                  Many Thanks for your help
                  Maurice