RE: [anthroposophy] us on empire

  • Maurice McCarthy
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2003
      I'd like to run something past you which is still in first draught. If you
      would, please try to criticise as if you were a materialistic scientist. How
      much am I going to get away with?

      Maurice

      A SPECULATIVE CREATION ACCOUNT
      by Maurice McCarthy

      November 2003.

      <1>
      The idea of knowledge may be expressed in a quasi-mathematical formula:

      c + a => k, iff c = f(a)

      which reads "an action 'a' upon a content 'c' yields knowledge 'k' if, and
      only if, the content is a function of the act". Now, since every function of
      the act is a product of that act then it follows that the act is the world
      creator, if knowledge exists. This poses a problem. Our reliable bodies of
      knowledge indicate that the material world precedes the development of the
      consciousness with which to know it, a consciouness which therefore is
      epiphenomenal to the material processes. Yet, on the other hand, all
      knowledge is unseated unless the idea of knowledge is true and this leads to
      the proposition that consciousness must precede the material. The two cannot
      be reconciled within a single incarnation of the cosmos and since both must
      simultaneously be true, in some sense, then if knowledge is to continue to
      be worthwhile, then we are obliged to seek the synthesis which will resolve
      the impasse. Since there must have been more than one incarnation of the
      cosmos then existence itself is something which comes and goes like sleep.

      <2>
      The act alone must exist without reference to any other if any other content
      can be known to exist at all. The act alone is permanent substance and from
      this substance every other content must be derived. The first creation,
      therefore, is the parturition of the act and the end of all existence is the
      re-absorbtion into the permanent. The act itself is absolute ignorance, for
      it has no confronting content to know. Equally, since its own creation is no
      mystery to it but an uttercompleteness of relation is already established
      then no impulse for knowledge can arise. The creator remains ignorant after
      creation.

      <3>
      As the act of knowledge is the transparent medium of all existence and
      knowledge, so that it has no definite quality of its own but is the
      possibility of all qualia, then a simple division of the substance of the
      act would only make an ignorant perisher, as opposed to the original
      permanent. Consequently the first parturition gives birth to many.

      <4>
      The many perishable acts confront each other as content for knowledge but
      each is entirely of the substance of the act whose character is to form
      relation, to know. Each therefore knows everyone of the rest intimately.
      Each willingly allows the others to live in harmony in it and reciprocally
      knows itself in the others. Each offers relation of its own accord so that
      perceiving and thinking never separate but the mutual perception is at once
      relational all the way to the essence of the other. This fully loving
      relation is the divine as such. The very first act of ignorance is thus to
      create gods in such harmony that their knowledge is absolute and they form a
      unity. As the unification completes the multitude dissolves back into the
      permanent and the first creation completes.

      On the way it incidentally shows that since the very first act of knowledge
      produces the divine then it is inevitable that a knower will form their
      image of god after themselves.

      <5>
      Mere repetition goes nowhere but the divine itself carries the capacity to
      create so the next incarnation of the cosmos sees a) the recapitulation of
      the divine and then b) the expression of absolute knowledge, i.e. wisdom. It
      should be noted that every adjective and noun in the last section and this
      refers to knowing beings - wisdom is a class of such beings. This means that
      all intelligence consists of the relations between higher beings. Wisdom is
      a subjective movement begetting time as such which subtends to objective
      form, or in general is spatial relation. The wisdom filled unity of movement
      and form completes an absolute knowledge of the second cosmos.

      <6>
      Now in the third cosmos we are entitled to speak of the first beginnings of
      humanity, not human beings themselves but the class of beings who must be
      present to mould original humanity as we mould the material earth. Every
      lower class of beings represents a condition which the higher beings must
      accomodate in quite the same way as we have vegetation and animal life.

      The beings of wisdom don't quite have the harmony or power to give forth
      their own substance in creation but co-create through their knowledge. Thus
      the third cosmos is again an expression of the divine, this time mediated by
      wisdom. Thus wisdom is placed into the worlds around lower classes.
      ----------------

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2003
        --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Maurice McCarthy
        <Maurice.McCarthy@b...> wrote:

        A SPECULATIVE CREATION ACCOUNT
        by Maurice McCarthy

        November 2003.

        Maurice forgive me ahead of time... I'm just gonna let out some of my
        own quirks, even though I suspect you are attempting to explain
        Saturn, Sun and Moon evolution... from point of origin, seminal
        creative Fiat prior to day one.

        Bradford comments;

        Communicating to the Science minds of our time. Tom Mellett was one
        of the best and indeed Bobby Matherene is a highly skilled scientist
        and anthro. They both are. There is an entire section on called or
        was called AS..Anthro Science. I was slightly disappointed in what
        little commentary came out regarding the basic truths uttered by Jan.
        That Steiner realized that atom and molecule theory came out of the
        nervous system, a taxed nervous system at that, brain, and matter
        tightly woven in the astral nervous system..could be compressed and
        arise as an Atom or particle theory.

        In the particle theory we have an astral condition of the brain and
        in the wave theory we would, appear to have, the blood and mystic
        theory. I also find it disappointing that Stephen Hawkings and others
        think about the universe, void of the Living Being..because they may
        not be particle or wave.. but Mighty Archai and Archanglic Beings
        whos attributes we detect in Light-in Coldness- in Passion and Pride,
        and in a quality of Love in all Sympathy with things. The film, "A
        Beautiful Mind" where John Nash through his mathematical approach to
        the universe and digesting the equations, or ingesting the equations
        of matter theory... becomes a martyr like Nietzsche.

        Nash falls into the awaiting horror that an actual shadow emancipates
        itself from the thinking...Steiner dealt with this and I have dealt
        with this as well in several essay. My problem with Einstein and
        Science as well, is that I fully believe in the trade off theory. I
        believe that Einstein found along with Oppenheimer's execution of the
        problem...The counter force to actual Light. In otherwords, Etheric
        Christ Light rose...now and Science took the peelings off the
        fundamental apple... and said, look at these peelings, these
        sheddings of the mighty force of Light we can play with. So Einstein
        in 1933 crossed through the barrier reef of Light severed from Love,
        as a Trade off for humanity.

        I am disappointed in Science and Anthro Science that continues to
        think that by following the bridge markings of John Nash, that
        someone can suddenly find the trigger which would release the
        misunderstanding surrounding Steiner. Rather Decayed Light and the
        Devachan and the simple fairy tale of sticking ones hands in a Rose
        Fire that George MacDonald framed, is so very out of sorts with
        Science. Certainly it can be explained. Electricty, Magnetism,
        decayed Racism or decayed Etheric Life forces off the Tree of Life,
        are cast off for a blundering humanity to made a damn big deal about,
        but it leads us, and rightly into deeper and deeper territory, but
        without deeper and deeper understanding. You get my point?

[...]

        Bradford Comments;

        Now this Fichte like insight was wrought through the great
        philosophers and Hegel and Holderlin, back a few posts, understood
        the same thing as Fichte about the I AM. The creator should know
        itself and in knowing itself the organs for knowing its vast
        kingdoms, if Higher Beings had not already achieved a stage higher or
        several stages higher than humanity, Creator should, one or many
        creators, should be conscious of itself through mineral, plant,
        animal, human, etheric, astral, and I AM levels and humans can only
        reach up to such development. How do Science minds want to grasp God,
        in some simplistic manner out of math? Certainly there are many
        unexplored equations and Tesla comes to mind right away as well as
        Keely. But even here, we have examined and Steiner has examined the
        destiny of Keely under the name of Strader in his Mystery Dramas.
        That is that Science minds have to penetrate and deal in Ahriman's
        realm. Tesla called humanity "Meat Machines". He was born at
        Midnight, against Goethe at High Noon. Does anyone care to study the
        social problems of both John Nash, Tesla, Keely and Strader as
        Strader slogs his way through his karma? No?

        Well for our information Strader, Keely's destiny was formed out the
        the War of the Minstrals.. But even here, Science minds don't want to
        tread in this rather unsafe territory. A nice equation will do and
        this will explain the Beingness of the Universe and of course our
        simplistic understanding of God as Creator.

[...]

        What permanent substance do you think you can get away with. The Atom
        of God, a little particle that does not survive, no matter, no none,
        not a scrap of matter goes past the threshold..so What Permanent
        substance are we talking about?

        <3>
        As the act of knowledge is the transparent medium of all existence and
        knowledge, so that it has no definite quality of its own but is the
        possibility of all qualia, then a simple division of the substance of
        the
        act would only make an ignorant perisher, as opposed to the original
        permanent. Consequently the first parturition gives birth to many.

        Bradford comments;

        Is this some sweet way of saying Big Bang? Maurice, I know you don't
        mean it this way and I could be merely a crass materialist in
        response and stay within the confines of the argument. Every
        university craves the whole thinking mass of humans to stay within
        the confines of established paradigms which will resist anything to
        do with Saturn, Sun, Moon and Earth Evolution.. to get to Beings is
        half fairy tale and half science and it would take a Halfling out of
        Tolkien. Tolkien has more Science in his fairy tale than most
        university thinkers have in their bow ties.

[...]

        One of the experts in the field of "Philsophy of Spiritual Acitivity
        is Joel. Percept and Concept and the field of the thinking human
        where this activity of penetrating with intuition into concepts and
        beginning to sense things behind the veil, like Plant patterns,
        compartmentalising all of Nature, but still hanging tight to the
        structure of consciousness or lack of in the mineral level of
        consciousness. Plants and their sleeping Earth etheric, physical
        expression. Breeds of animals..as they express various tendency
        towards warmth ethers and the splitting of the hoof to paw and claw
        to hand and beyond to wing. Astral differences, Light and Color on
        the Spectrum of Newton..like scent can be color and how many parts
        per billion and how the butter fly wings are a projection of Devachan
        tuning that is attuned to plants. How insects are the severed nervous
        system of the plants.. waiting to be joined up to create animals of
        the future. Percepts and Concepts that lead to might integration with
        Science fact and Spiritual Science Fact are so astonishing that most
        thinkers wither and like any simpleton who wants proof of God, also
        wants proof that what the stunning miracle we are expressing, are
        rabidly true and science should get their ass down to work instead of
        wandering in their eternal labyrinth of deception.

[...]

        Suddenly we leap into Beings, from such a dry study, the science mind
        is wondering, what the hell, Beings, mere humans, all modeled after
        human Intelligence? Or the Big, mighty Seraphic, Planetary and
        movement forces in our wills and Kryiotetes and Dynamis, or maybe
        Archai and Time Spirits.. and do they all have same pattern relations
        as we do to our math and current science? Not!

[...]

        So from what I understand or misunderstood, and it likely that I
        misunderstood, you are trying to deal with First Creation, Second
        Creation and Third Creation. John Scotus Eriginea, who is probably
        incarnated now out in the North Sea, attempted to unfold creation
        along the same theories as you are presenting. It is things like this
        that surface up, out of the stream of time, that appear to become
        apart of Steiner's Saturn, Sun, and Mooon evolutions that were
        pressed by refined brains back then and indeed they surface in our
        attempts to put math and number... not the wonderful numbers of rib
        cage and zodiac or spinal nothches and 33 of the I Am spine rhythm,
        or 13 to 1 patterns of how the human blood and body weight correlate
        or the gestation cycle of the elephant and how the Mars orbit pattern
        in days is the same as the Elephants gestations cycle or the rabbit
        is the same gestation cycle as the Moon from new to full... 28 days,
        or the time it takes the Sun to rotate once, 21 to 25 days or nearly
        three weeks is the gestation cycle of eggs and Bees, as thy model
        themselves from Queen to Drone... based on the Sun rhythm...

        Oh yes.. I would love to see Science gather in its tremendous
        scattered research and put Pythagorean patterns through so that
        nature is transparent. It is so obvious to anyone who begins to
        unravel the numerical relation to the world of the stars, gestation,
        biology, bone.. and how the human being is made, that we are not
        dealing with anything arbitrary. Which is the sticking point with
        Science, constantly trying to prove that it is not chance or accident
        or it is chance or accident. None of the details of the universe or
        nature can be attributed to Chance.

        Now John Scotus, Tom Mellett, Bobby Matherene, Tesla and one of the
        best books on physics, what is it the Dao of Physics or something by
        a wonderful author... and the very best film is "MindWalk" it is the
        most impressive film made.. MindWalk, by the same author I am
        refering to.... I know you are out on the North Sea and all, but to
        see "MindWalk" is one of the most stunning teaching films on the
        planet. Anyone on this list interested in the themes Maurice is
        raising should see "MindWalk". You are missing a whole updated
        segment of reality if you fail to see this film.

        So, yes, our impulse to carry and explore and explain the universe to
        those unwilling to see it.. is very much like the fabled blind monks
        trying to describe and elephant... an Elephant standing on a Turtle
        with thirteen colonies, thirteen Last Supper images, Thirteen
        Arthurian Knights... Thirtenn and the Zodiac with the Lamb...try to
        describe this to the Science mind once the Shadow has fully
        emancipated itself and will now come out to haunt and lead the human
        as in poor John Nash's case.

        Mind you, I want Science Seers, thinkers and researchers
        communicating deeply and profoundly and awakening insights that we
        have failed to see... I long for it, I crave it, and I think I could
        understand it if it was in front of me... But there are others, who I
        mentioned who have done ground breaking work and still others like
        Pffeiffer who was a Scientist as well as the entire science section
        of the Goetheanum who are never believed, Like Unger, yet they are
        right.

        Bradford