RE: [anthroposophy] Maybe you can help me...

  • Maurice McCarthy
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2003
      Chelsea

      On the subject on having to live with the Adversary another member of this
      list, namely Joel, wrote something I found beautiful in SteinerStudy about
      two months ago. It is out of context here so does not quite have the same
      impact but ... (I hope he does not mind)

      " ... I start with the following schematic:

      spiritual world - soul - (l/d)I-am(a/d) - soul - sense world

      ....... "

      " You will note that in the schematic above the center term was:
      (l/d)I-am(a/d). This is a reference to the luciferic and ahrimanic
      doubles, which are so intimately connected to the I-am that to our ordinary
      consciousness these three are indistinguishable. These two shadow Beings
      are quite necessary to our development, and our attention and intention
      tend to move among the three in a kind of lemniscate pattern. When our
      inner discipline has reached the point that we can begin to distinguish
      clearly in our ordinary consciousness among these three, thinking is now
      ready
      to move to its moral center."

      " By moral center, I mean a condition of intention and attention where
      every inner and outer action is rooted in moral imagination. More and more
      the I-am comes to live in the Good and the True (the Eternal), without
      succumbing to the imprecations of either shadow Being. This experience
      begins in the form of a kind of war, but finds its true balance in an inner
      gesture of gratitude, for the shadow Beings are only met and known when
      their
      efforts on behalf of our biography are admitted and fully appreciated."

      " Thus, to live in our moral center also means to come to peace with
      the
      mystery of Evil as that manifests in our own soul life.

      My 2 cents."

      warm regards,
      joel

      ------------------------------

      Very Best Wishes
      Maurice

    • Cheeseandsalsa@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2003
        Hello Chelsea,  I can identify with much that you posted.  I planned on going into seminary after a very conservative college education.  I found myself on the opposite end fighting against their "us against them" mindset.  I visited Priests,Hindu temples,all kinds of faiths for the Christian religion a true foot soilder for Christianity.
          I too felt that connection to God and the so very strong pull of the love of Jesus. Christianity didn't fail me it was the people around it that failed me.  However, that pull never left me completely.  Now I have found this and feel so much freedom, spiritual freedom with no limitations.  Just like the "freedom in Christ" that I used to love about mainstream Christianity.  The truth is how much freedom is there in Christianity if it is OUR job to submit it to the masses?  You feel as if that goal can never be attained in one lifetime.  This may be just a different angle that is all.  There is so much divine truth for us all.  How we decide to find it is up to us.  Thank you Maurice for your last post.  It is always good to hear from you.  Much Love and Light, Chantel
      • Maurice McCarthy
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2003
          It is a pleasure to be able to share after long tormented years in the
          wilderness.

          Maurice

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 1, 2003
            What you said is so true!  Sometimes I just hope to find a grey hair in my head as a sign that old age is approaching so I can go on in devachan and the rest.  I have found the best way to survive on this planet in what I am studying.  It is not always easy being around others who don't heed it enough.  But you recieve their love and warmth and that leaves one with much blessing and sustaining love.  There are many WAYS to say the same thing!   Sending you warmth in the Northern Sea.  Hope you are enjoying the ancient floor of Atlantis!  Chantel