Southern Cross Review in October

  • Jo Ann Schwartz
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2003
      Dear Friends,

      Your October issue of Southern Cross Review, hot off the press, is resting on
      the doorstep at http://SouthernCrossReview.org (We left out September, but as
      time is relative anyway we don't think anyone will be offended.)

      This time we go in for some Bush-whacking, then let Ben Franklin apologize for
      us.

      Anthroposophy is well represented, with a karma lecture and a piece about the
      Theory of Relativity by Rudolf Steiner, a verbal portrait of him by Andrej
      Belyj, and a guide on the anthroposophical schooling path by Bruce Kirchoff. By
      the way, there's also a new Ebook refuting certain crackpot allegations
      concerning anthroposophy and anti-Semitism.

      In Current Events, David Wiggins tells us the Real Reasons for war and Chilean
      author Ariel Dorfman wonders what Martin Luther King would have said about the
      current one. There's also an interesting interview with folk singer Utah
      Phillips about his take on society.

      Robert Zimmer's serialized novel continues along with an excerpt from Gaither
      Stewart's upcoming novel. I don't know if there was ever a karmic connection
      between James Thurber and the Brothers Grimm, but maybe we have created one.

      Steve Talbott contributes aphorisms about the cons of computers in the
      classroom, followed by some more of Bobby Matherne's movie snapshots.

      And don't miss the review of Elaine Pagels' new book and Langston Hughes's
      bittersweet poem about America.

      Enjoy!

      Frank Thomas Smith
      JoAnn Schwartz