Re: [anthroposophy] Molecular Biology of Paradise

  • Hogie McM
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 3, 2003
      Dear Jan:
      I went to the Paradise Engineering link from your article.
      Is this site pro or con towards the subject, or neither?
      Its hard to tell.

      Thanks,
      Hogie
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 3, 2003
        Re: [anthroposophy] Molecular Biology of Paradise
        Jan:
        Yes, yes, yes.
        Thanks,
        Hogie
        I went to the Paradise Engineering link from your article.
        Is this site pro or con towards the subject, or neither?
        Its hard to tell.

        Thanks,
        Hogie

        Hello Hogie.
           Its a moot point.  I was not sure either, which is why I included the URL as well as the quote.  I  thought of the article as a pre-view of a possible future scenario, floated upon public consciousness, whether as a real blueprint or an imaginative  picture is debatable.  For me, if a thing is thought and written and put out into the world, then an Idea, a Being, an Entity is somewhere there, and may even have an opposite agenda to the actual writer.  This article is a fairly clear picture of drug induced, biologically manipulated servitude in an artificial paradise designed  for the human being. However this may be, there were some very interesting links and articles, which can be examined in the light of Anthroposophy, even as a film or piece of Theatre can be a pointer to the way some people and beings are creating out ‘road maps’ to their preferred destinations.
        Jan
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=256694.4002236.5216697.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705077360:HM/A=1784493/R=0/id=noscript/SIG=11q7p9e7k/*http://webevents.yahoo.com/universal/intolerablecruelty/>

      • Jan

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 5, 2003
            --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Jan <starbirdgarden@b...> wrote:

[...]

            Bradford comments;

            Planet Hollywood is one of those little money makers that represent
            the tip of a conceptual iceberg of just how the Ahrimanic and
            Luciferic forces collude to rip humanity a new Devachan. The first
            aspect of understanding such Goetheanistic concepts such as Paradise
            and unlimited mental freedom by transplanting and programing, Total
            Recall, Dream Personalities and Travel guides into the "New Opium
            Dens" of the medically sanctioned mind, is to understand retarded
            Luciferic forces.

            Pineal and Pituitary manipulations of Pain and Pleasure and creating
            off road trails into hallucination and mental 'well being' is
            creating a wonderful 'Real Time' Planet Hollywood out of Luciferic
            contributions to an Ahrimanic agenda. In this world, the psyche and
            the moral Ego forces switch worlds. The important world of the Christ
            and moral action, is easily switched to the dream world. While the
            Logos world that Christ entered as a Human Biological being, full of
            nature mysteries, Goethean realities, powerful actual kingdoms of
            mineral, plants, animals and humans, can just as easily be relegated
            to the mundane cubicle where real life has become a bottled brand
            name for wall to wall 24/7 behavioral modification.

            The wonderful sign posts ahead, say, 'walk away from the complexity
            of Human Rights and higher moral development'. Living on Earth as an
            educational staging ground for true spiritual growth is too hard,
            give in. Sure there are worlds upon worlds within the sedated layers
            of the brain. We can name stars and galaxies after your little
            spoiled child, we can launch your body as part of the orbiting junk
            of Earth, Timothy Leary, We will build vaction spas on the moon and
            we will enter the layers of your brain, the hall of mirrors of your
            soul, and supply you with new medically sanctioned Opium. Kubla Khan
            a mighty Pleasure Dome is part of the side street that wavers on a
            small side street, near Rod Serling and the Twilight Zone, in the
            quiet neighborhood of the Devachan. But with the hallucination fully
            attached it it and supported by the failure of not seeing what Goethe
            saw. Goethe saw what Coleridge saw but Coleridge lost the inner
            navigation and landed instead on Planet Hollywood. Yet they should
            have been the same and in higher literature studies we can truly
            compare Coleridge vision and Goethe's.

            The Hidden Temple that Goethe saw in "The Green Snake and Beautiful
            Lily" was the arising hidden mystery of the Devachan Michael School
            that would enter history as WWI arose, be built, be burned, but
            before its destruction, the moral integrity of thousands would have
            built, carved into etheric Imagination and Astral vision, and filled
            the Consciousness Soul Cathedral, with humanity constructed threshold
            Michael Staging ground. This Threshold Staging ground became the
            Borderlands School prepared out of the Moral substance of human
            deeds. Goethe caught sight of this arising Potential and Coleridge
            would have but Lucifer shifted the soul image out of focus.

            Luciferic Symptology is the otherside of how the hallucination, mass
            hallucination, or agreed upon medical hallucinations can be created.
            Certainly as we look at a film like "The Matrix", we can see that
            humaity has been put to sleep but their immortal energy is as fuel
            for maintaining an Ahrimanic Angelic Agency that evolved from the
            lowly Techno and Medical ideas of people like Poindexter and the
            Danish Doctor offered by Jan.

            A Central Intelligence Agency and Pentagon grew into a beast that had
            a general mission to oppose the actual faculties of spiritual
            development that arise out of the Michael School and turn them
            towards the OO7 fascination with Ahrimanic forces. We are projecting
            a vast comotose, sleeping humanity who are dreaming, drugged and
            numbed out of our failed world, and lived in a collective fantasy
            where their Ego's were merely Ahrimanically generated Devachan
            shadows. Fragment of Obsessive compulsive behavior complexes sever
            themselves off the whole soul structure and here we can see clearly
            how Asuric forces tear fragments of higher integrated Soul and Ego
            structures, un penetrated by the I AM and shred it like a pack of
            wolves gnarling over meat. Soul Meat. Luciferic Symptomology, Opium
            Dens, Opium Wars, "Total Recall" and the dramatic basis of
            the "Minority Report" reveal the vast medical tampering with pineal
            and pituitary as well as hyper-endocrine generated moods of soul.

            These insights, current events, and Devachan Safaris were also tried
            in "The LawnMower Man". "The Minority Report" was based on a triad of
            atavistic clairvoyant drug experiments that reverted to a Cassandra
            like Prophetic stream of psychic disturbance rooted to real Devachan
            events. If you ever wanted to look for how these events play out in
            the Imaginations and thinking of men, you have only to open up your
            eyes and begin thinking and seeing with Spiritual Science as your
            data base. All of these mighty, and intense attempts to assault the
            human soul, as we have seeen with our Donnie Darko explorations, and
            all that Jan has just now advanced, hinges on tamperings, detours
            into obsessive compulsive behavior and false information about
            Prozac, Rittlin and advanced, enhanced one two punches by Luciferic
            and Ahrimanic assaults on the soul. They have their mission for
            survival and we have ours.. nice the way this works out. We use
            Luciferic and Ahrimanic forces and turn them back towards the
            redemption of the cosmos.

            Steiner's "Angels Work in the Astral Body of Man" are the small
            sentences that reveal the large, strides that have been taken, and
            that Steiner knew would be taken, in the assault on the territory of
            the human soul. This failure to explore Dr. Steiner is not something
            we can accuse Jan or most of those on this site of, but there are
            many who fail to understand what we have understood, and what windows
            have popped open, when Steiner is read with real earnestness. This
            Michael School is not a toy. Jan is following out future forming
            threads that have karmic roots in the Opium Wars and unravel out to a
            Luciferic Planet with Devachan hallucinations feeding the retarded
            Luciferic stream that failed because humanity failed.

            The Opium Wars suffocated the development of soul faculties in
            millions and the Spiritual World responded by creating the Karmic
            causes for Down Syndrome. Invasions of the Devachan world and the
            Spiritual blueprints that are the foundations for the human soul can
            be located partly on the Enterntainment continent, cut by a jagged
            Fault Line of Earthquake line of San Andreas, which is ready to be
            severed from Earth at any time. This giant, 'The Big ONe' would
            physically sever a portion of all that has been filled with Luciferic
            Fragmentation as the germ of a real Planet Hollywood. Such Earth and
            moral secrets exists in a Goethean real world study. It is part of
            Los Vegas Nevada and humanities new mystery centers of Luciferic
            forces that divide the U.S. into East and West. It is in the
            Pharmaceutical battle in Sweden and Denmark. Think dear friends, if
            we wished to have a War on Terrorism, would it not be better to kill
            out the qualities of soul disturbance by controlling the drugs that
            ease soul disquiet? Would we not be considered kind and gentle if we
            failed to present real educational answers but found out the way to
            medicate terrorism out of the soul?

            Nuclear Fission and how we teach about atoms and structure of matter
            is really a brain fart that exists in the nervous system of our
            brains.. The mystical level of the blood and actual beings, invisible
            and not made of matter, but subject as well to the Fallen Light
            Fission and infection of matter that we used to attack and suck down
            poisoned and fallen and infected beings is in our wonderful nuclear
            threats. There are so few in depth thinking humans around and so few
            can even bring up such potent ideas that Jan brought up in our Donnie
            Darko explorations, but yet, we see everyone thinking about the
            amazing pharmaceutical bonanza of the hallucinations of the human
            soul. Steiner brought the Science insights needed to see deeply into
            the superstructure of Soul, SPirit and Matter, with the core insight
            of the Christ Event. This is Goethean Reality, and part of us and our
            karma as incarnated humans in the flesh. It is part of our Real World
            filled with Logos invested visible and invisible worlds.

            Following the soul into the Devachan was part of what "What Dreams
            May Come". But what was the reality, and this reality is so stupidly
            lacking in nearly every discussion and it certainly cannot be lacking
            here. We die, we enter into the Spiritual World. We have tunnel and
            NDExperiences. We live real lives with real moral values, we meet
            people on Earth we have had karma with and are creating future karma
            with. We touch, smell, taste plants, feel the soil of a Logos world
            designed for our I AM's.. we are one channel in the great Logos world
            of many mansions and many sheep who respond to the voice of the
            Logos. We encounter the Dead, Angels and Luciferic and Angelic
            Beings. The vast Soul World of the Devachan is sketched in "What
            Dreams May Come" and we understand real lives, who suffer, who are
            hit hard by "Why does god hate me?" suffering and karmic riddles. We
            see human beings just like us trying to solve these deep issues. But
            we cannot remain stupid, regarding the higher worlds. Steiner did not
            allow us to remain stupid. Yet in most discussions so little of the
            vast issue of the human being's journey is connected.

            Medically sanctioned Opium Dens, as the sites Jan has indicated
            reveal, and her radio broadcast, the set up, like violence in our
            children and Pharmaceutical answers readily at hand to halt the
            thinking process, ready to accept the lie we have allowed the
            Ahrimanic and Luciferic forces to make of our educational systems,
            science and military, prevents the soul from coming to the
            superstructure of the human soul and biological two eye atenna of the
            occult meaning of the pineal and pituitary glands. Few have enough
            good sense to see how the Luciferic Symptomology and Ahrimanic
            Symptomology cloud, stir and corrupt all the glittering golden
            fragments of the greatness of the human soul.

            Now what you have, against all odds, are thousands and thousands who
            have made Spiritual Science available on the Net. The Science of the
            Soul, Spirit and Christ Event is sitting there, but how to connect to
            the substance, the ongoing stream of Intelligence that navigates and
            refuses to lead our children towards polluted streams, is a battle,
            like our current American Politics, that we fail to see through and
            fight for the Holy foundations of the human soul. We don't really
            want to know and hope it all goes away...but it won't, it can't, it
            will not disappear because you read the Bible, it remains hidden
            because it remains as feeding areas of our souls with deceptions we
            enjoy. Drinking, eating and medically believing in the goods, colas
            and food served at our schools or wondering if you need to believe
            the awe and majesty of a George Bush or Tony Blair, places you
            squarely in the playpin of Luciferic and Ahrimanic babysitters.

            Like Coleridge and Goethe who have very slight variations and come
            from the same stream of research, it is how we enter and become
            Initiated into our thinking and what Beings influence our most
            intimate navigation. What we shall see, what courage will be given to
            us.. what false hallucinations our double will cling to, and exactly
            how much karmic burden and sin we continue to dump back on the heart
            of the world, as in the effect of Down Syndrome from a cause of
            wasted Karmic life forces, from Opium Dens and the Opium Wars, are
            the trails that burden and lead away from the Spiritual world of the
            Logos, Christ. Rather does it lead to the Islamic Paradise of
            Luciferic, Planet Hollywood.

            It is severing the mechanical bodily world from the Soul World and
            splintering the human trinity into fragments that become food for
            whole failing retarded worlds. This mighty mission of humanity, in
            every small way is what must needs infuse us with Courage as we face
            nightmares. It is not just now, it is the future of our children who
            will also be us and our loved ones, as we reincarnate again and
            again, who will pay for losing the trail of the Logos in the
            confusion presented on Earth. There a mighty Pleasure Dome, a Planet
            Hollywood is filling itself like a helium balloon, that serves the
            intentions of Ahriman and Lucifer.

            There, on this renegade world, exiled out of the Rainbow Contract of
            Newton, Goethe and Noah, a planet made out of the severed fragments
            of soul, Ahriman and Lucifer assemble their pathchwork human Form and
            failed Logos world. Here is what was meant by the concept of
            gathering fragments of Bread and Fishes. There is a reverse to
            everything and the reverse, the inverse, of the Feeding of the Five
            Thousand, is the medicating and stealing the fragments of obsessive
            and compulsive hallucinations and broken fragments off the I AM and
            feeding poplulations of Retarded, off mission, beings hungering for
            food, starving..but only craving that humans become what the Christ
            came here for... To engender the Feeding of the fallen Beings in the
            dawning Fifth Epoch with the substance of human courage and love.

            Along with the medical, entertainment and educational attacks
            supporting Luciferic Symptomology, is the need to see not only the
            Raelians and Heaven's Gate, Los Vegas and Hollywood but also sober,
            conservative selection and sterilization thoughts that collude with
            genetics to interfere with the Incarnating Human Soul and seeking
            solutions not in the Education of Humanity, but in the medical
            numbing of higher capacities of cognition because humanity cannot
            find funding for what is Spiritually and Practically True to the
            Logos and the Christ Event. There should not be but there is a fast
            train to Outloading HUman souls and their hallucinatory contents and
            bad novels out to some hallucinatory planet called Nebiru.

            It has everything to do with Gradual winning wisdom and Grail like
            winning courage from Initiates and thinking that understand the Logos
            and the germinal seeds of higher education offered, even as Waldorf
            Education. It is observing that the Goethean World View is the one
            Preferred by Initiates, to use a selling, consumer tag line. Goethean
            Observations are the humanized core system that center the drama and
            mission of Earth back onto the creatures and Kingdoms in it.

            Bradford
          • soniaeasley2002
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 5, 2003
              Dearest Bradford,

              Your comments have pentrated my being.
              How blessed we are to know RS and the pursuit of Truth.

              Sonia

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 9, 2003
                Jan wrote;

[...]

                In following the potent field fight in the glade of Luciferic Forces
                we have some wonderful Knights in the field. They swing a solid
                stroke and mean thought sword. I can testify directly that these
                thoughts are being felt as particular sharp singes, [based on the
                Nasghoul ice sword vs sting of Frodo fame]. If we can depict the
                fragments and the key indications that Jan had brought up regarding
                Obsessive compulsive pockets of fragmented soul forces, from her
                shattering Donnie Darko research on this list awhile back, we can
                clearly see what part of the fragmenting of the psychological
                structure is used to tear itself out of the higher ego. Get tormented
                chunks of medically severed behavior become food for feeding Beings
                hungering for light, anykind of light, including fragments of ripped
                away soul life that humans cannot contain within the Ego forces. What
                is the value of 'Fair and Balanced'? It has a tremendous spirutal
                currency if it runs through the I AM as a discerning balancing force
                with rich Michael thinking and science clarification. That is partly
                what STeve Talbott does.

                Talbott is another quiet KNight, with his own castle, brought to my
                attention by Jo Ann and Southern Cross Review a few years back. Web
                sites and mythical castles with their own 'customs of the castle' are
                like curious myths. We approach places and we wonder what forces we
                will encounter. It is good to have a Michael Citadel for unfolding
                the Open Michael School insights. But here is a stark and bare castle
                with great wisdom and strength in it. Here support thinking comes to
                the aid of Jan's rich research.

                Steve Talbott:

                http://www.praxagora.com/stevet/netfuture/2003/Oct0703_150.html

                "You may have heard about the efforts to build a kind of computer out
                of
                DNA and various other ingredients. According to one report,

                Recently the first game-playing biomolecular device was revealed --
                an
                enzyme-powered tic-tac-toe machine, which could not be beaten ....
                In
                February of this year the smallest biological computing device was
                announced -- a microliter of salt solution containing three
                trillion
                self-contained DNA computing devices. (CNN.com, September 22,
                2003)

                So now we have "biomolecular devices" and "DNA computing devices".
                These
                phrases suggest that DNA and biomolecules can themselves reasonably be
                thought of as computational devices. But they can't. The
                computation is
                achieved at a high level of abstraction through an elaborate
                arrangement
                that we, using sophisticated techniques, impose upon the various
                materials. Only when we ignore everything about these materials
                except
                for the role we have assigned them in our carefully designed and
                controlled arrangement can we speak of a "device" -- and then the term
                refers to a logic of the artificial arrangement in its entirety, the
                logic
                of our own artifice, not to the separate materials we employ. To
                refer to
                biomolecules themselves as "devices" is a blatant misuse of language.

                Here's a close analogy. Every four years we in the U.S. manage to
                orchestrate an elaborate computational process called a "national
                election". It more or less succeeds (if we ignore the law of chad
                indeterminacy) in producing a correct tabulation of votes, thereby
                indicating who our next president will be. But the success of this
                intricately designed computational process is no ground for
                reconceiving
                the individual human being as an example of such a process. We are
                not
                voting devices. Similarly, our ability to employ DNA within a
                computational process gives us no justification for thinking of DNA
                as a
                computing device. But this is exactly what the language we saw will
                lead
                to.

                It is necessary for us, in various limited ways, to impose an
                artificial
                calculational logic upon organisms and societies. We do need to
                cooperate
                in producing clearly defined, numerically accurate election results.
                Unfortunately, our ability to do this -- and to analyze the process
                with
                great logical and mathematical sophistication -- tempts us to lose
                sight
                of the living reality beneath the calculational grid we have laid
                over it.

                To see this you need only look at American politics, where the
                statistical
                analysts now drive the process and citizens really do become, for the
                politicians, mere voting devices who, it is hoped, will respond
                automatically to well-calculated stimuli. This is why conversation --
                the
                genuine speaking of one's thoughts, feelings, questions, and
                uncertainties
                to one's fellow citizens -- is no longer a natural part of the
                process.
                Politicians do not address citizens; they try to manipulate biological
                voting devices.

                There is a lesson in this degeneration of American politics. One
                should
                never think that focusing sophisticated computational techniques upon
                new
                domains will have no effect upon what those domains become. And this
                in
                turn makes one wonder: as the era of DNA "computing devices" gets
                under
                way, will DNA-bearing organisms fare any better than voting
                citizens? For
                an answer, check the attitude toward the caged animals in your nearest
                genetic engineering laboratory.

                Perfecting the Dance, Forgetting the Dancer

                We use drugs, surgery, mechanical implants, and (experimental) genetic
                modification techniques to heal the human body. Why should we not
                use the
                same techniques to promote human excellence, quite apart from dealing
                with
                illness and injury? For example, "drugs to improve memory,
                alertness, and
                amiability could greatly relieve the need for exertion to acquire
                these
                powers, leaving time and effort for better things".

                That is one of the questions posed by Leon Kass in "Ageless Bodies,
                Happy
                Souls: Biotechnology and the Pursuit of Perfection", which appeared
                in the
                spring, 2003 issue of The New Atlantis. (For more on that
                publication,
                see "Announcements and Resources" below.) Kass, who is chairman of
                the
                President's Council on Biotechnology, argues that we cannot reject
                the new
                techniques simply because they are artificial or unnatural, since we
                accept at least some artificial interventions for healing. But he
                does
                have a deeper concern:

                Character is not only the source of our deeds, but also their
                product.
                People whose disruptive behavior is "remedied" by pacifying drugs
                rather than by their own efforts are not learning self-control; if
                anything, they are learning to think it unnecessary. People who
                take
                pills to block out from memory the painful or hateful aspects of a
                new
                experience will not learn how to deal with suffering or sorrow. A
                drug
                to induce fearlessness does not produce courage.

                Kass grants that some biotechnical interventions "may assist in the
                pursuit of excellence without cheapening its attainment", but finds
                that,
                in general "'naturalness' of means matters". The danger in drugs and
                devices is that they may violate or deform the deep structure of human
                activity:

                In most of our ordinary efforts at self-improvement, either by
                practice
                or training or study, we sense the relation between our doings and
                the
                resulting improvement, between the means used and the end sought.
                There is an experiential and intelligible connection between means
                and
                ends; we can see how confronting fearful things might eventually
                enable
                us to cope with our fears. We can see how curbing our appetites
                produces self-command. Human education ordinarily proceeds by
                speech
                or symbolic deeds, whose meanings are at least in principle
                directly
                accessible to those upon whom they work.

                By contrast, reliance upon technical means can lead us away from
                "'genuine', unmediated, and (in principle) self-transparent human
                activity". I can use a calculator to do arithmetic, but this does not
                make me a knower of arithmetic; the mathematical know-how my activity
                taps
                into is neither transparent nor my own.

                All this captures, I think, the fundamental truth that we can never
                adequately understand a human performance as a product independent of
                the
                performer. However outwardly focused the performance may be, its
                essential meaning includes the self's development through its own
                exertions. We express ourselves not only to achieve something "out
                there", but also because something "in here" drives us to it, and in
                the
                expressing we strengthen and deepen our inner powers of expression.
                As
                Kass puts it, "our genuine happiness requires that there be little
                gap, if
                any, between the dancer and the dance". And the same principle
                applies to
                our assessment of the achievements of others: we rightly value every
                human expression, from the pianist's recital to the scholar's text to
                the
                quarterback's athletic artistry, not merely as an external product,
                but as
                part of the unfolding revelation of an expressing self. Therein lies
                its
                ultimate significance. Conversely, whatever does not arise from the
                expressing self is not fundamental. There are, in the end, no
                worthwhile
                "things" in the world; there are only worthwhile doings.

                Kass discusses not only the means by which we achieve things, but
                also the
                ends we pursue. He asks whether the goal of a "happy soul", sought
                by so
                many through drugs, is a worthy one. His answer is wonderfully clear:

                There seems to be something misguided about the pursuit of utter
                psychic tranquility, or the attempt to eliminate all shame, guilt,
                and
                painful memories. Traumatic memories, shame, and guilt, are, it is
                true, psychic pains. In extreme doses, they can be crippling. Yet
                they are also helpful and fitting. They are appropriate responses
                horror, disgraceful conduct, and sin, and, as such, help teach us
                avoid them in the future. Witnessing a murder should be remembered
                as horrible; doing a beastly deed should trouble one's soul.
                Righteous
                indignation at injustice depends on being able to feel injustice's
                sting. An untroubled soul in a troubling world is a shrunken human
                being. More fundamentally, to deprive oneself of one's memory --
                including and especially its truthfulness of feeling -- is to
                deprive
                oneself of one's own life and identity.

                Kass goes on to note that our feeling states do not give us the
                essence of
                the achievements we aim at through our goals. "No music lover would
                be
                satisfied with getting from a pill the pleasure of listening to Mozart
                without ever hearing the music. Most people want both to feel good
                and to
                feel good about themselves, but only as a result of being good and
                doing
                good".

                Finally,

                There is a connection between the possibility of feeling deep
                unhappiness and the prospects for achieving a genuine happiness.
                If
                one cannot grieve, one has not loved. To be capable of
                aspiration, one
                must know and feel lack .... human fulfillment depends on our being
                creatures of need and finitude and hence of longings and
                attachment.

                The long, concluding paragraph of Kass' article (not quoted here) is
                transcendent and luminous. I can strongly recommend the entire
                essay."