RE: [anthroposophy] New to List

  • Maurice McCarthy
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2003
      The book which led me into anthroposophy was Alan Harwood's "The Way of the
      Child". He was a founder member of Michael Hall the first Waldorf (Steiner)
      school in Britain and what really impressed me were the observations made
      which I had seen but not realised. What has become the standard intro in
      Britain is the series of lectures "The Theosophy of the Rosicrucian" It is
      online at www.elib.com/Steiner All of RS's books and lecture series contain
      at least one 'difficult' chapter. Don't let it put you off as he is trying
      to induce you to think for yourself.

      If you think there is any way I might be able to help personally, by which I
      mean pointing towards things, please don't hesitate to ask.

      Very Best Wishes
      Maurice

      maurice.mccarthy@... <home>
      maurice.mccarthy@... <work>

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2003
        Re: [anthroposophy] New to List On 2/10/03 8:25 am, "zoesmadhouse" <Zoesmadhouse@...> wrote:

[...]

        Hello Zoe,
             Have you asked the people who run the Mums and Tots group if they hold any study groups?  If they do not, you could offer, perhaps to host an informal, short meeting at your house occasionally if that is possible, or at a friends perhaps? The people who run the group are probably experienced Anthroposophists who might be willing take part, and such groups are often held to help introduce new parents to Steiner’s work. I don’t know where you live, but there may be groups studying already in your area. I do know that child care can be a big problem, especially with an autistic child, but people are often willing to help and we women are skilled in using small snatches of time!  Meeting socially with other parents to discuss a chapter of the books Maurice mentioned could be a start, and getting involved with celebrating festivals, fundraising etc when and if you have time and energy!  Also, this list will surely address any specific queries you might wish to put if you have questions arising from your reading. Illness can often be a period of special grace and an opening for fresh insights and new directions.  Good luck,it is a wonderful Quest! Jan

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=256694.4002236.5216697.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705077360:HM/A=1784493/R=0/id=noscript/SIG=11q7p9e7k/*http://webevents.yahoo.com/universal/intolerablecruelty/>