Kobran, Lamb THREEFOLD REVIEW

  • elaine upton
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2000
      Hello all,

      Are any of you familiar with the journal, THE THREEFOLD REVIEW, edited by
      Joel Kobran and Gary Lamb in upstate NY through their founding of the
      Margaret Fuller Foundation? There seems a lot of interest in Threefolding on
      this list, so i think that journal is a fine resource.

      There are some fine articles there on Federation ideas in Europe, on
      Education (Waldorf, homeschooling, charter school movement, etc.), on
      environmental issues, on AIDS, etc. (A few years ago, I published an article
      on changes in South Africa, not directly about Threefolding...so there are
      other articles there, not all on Threefolding, but somehow applicable. Also
      poems, etc., one written by me...)

      Joel Kobran, last time i heard, is not keen on use of computers (though i
      don't want to misrepresent him here, and i have to add that he is a dear
      friend, as well). I say this to say that you are not likely to find THE
      THREEFOLD REVIEW on the internet. And that itself might be worthy of
      another discussion, or related to our media discussion, one where Joel would
      have a lot to say (Joel Kobran, that is, along with our present Joel Wendt).
      Joel Kobran gave a talk on this very subject last year at Camphill Copake
      (upstate New York, USA). He talked about the technology of the book
      (starting with print and mass print, Gutenberg, on up to TV and all the
      rest...). A lot of challenging stuff. Has anybody heard Joel lecture --or
      had the privilege of talking with him? Oh, he is a wonderful
      conversationalist, in the oldest and best sense!

      Well, I'm just opening up to some possibilities here if any of you know the
      Threefold Review. I suppose some article or other of interest to this list
      could be scanned onto email, though I am ignorant of technique, but could
      figure it out. (Ha! Joel K. on e-mail! Now that would be something!)

      Smiling,