Shipwrecks and Desert islands

  • starbirdgarden
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2003
      When we were children, my little sister and I loved to play shipwrecks. Ag=
      ain and
      again we were shipwrecked at sea in the garden, with only a beam of wood or=

      fragment of a raft to support us, we were tossed by gigantic waves, ever co=
      nscious of
      the fathomless, living depths of moving water beneath, of the endless seasc=
      ape all
      around us. We never managed to salvage any food or sustenance, on the poin=
      t of
      starving, were always in the utmost peril, especially from the skull and bo=
      ned pirates,
      fallen Templar Fleet? into which we often inexplicably changed, and made on=
      another walk the plank into another whirled.
      Everywhere were sea serpents, mermaids and monsters, as well as giant =
      whales
      and sharks. Neptune rode by on a pearled Chariot. Sometimes we swam for hun=
      dreds
      of miles, and came to deserted islands.
      The Language of Happenings is read in the Gesture of Place.
      In cartoon and comic we find the desert island, with a single palm tre=
      e and a man
      sitting under it. Both the shipwreck and the desert island are images of i=
      nitiation.
      Dry, deserted, yet the palm cries Hosanna! What is wrecked is eventually c=
      ast up
      upon the shore. Wreck, originally wrack means `what is driven' bourn not of=
      it's own
      volition, carried on a tide, castaway. "I would fain die a dry death. " =
      from The
      Tempest.
      Flotsam has always fascinated me, as have shorelines and shipwrecks =
      with the
      utter change that the riches of destitution bestow.

      Full fathom five thy father lies;
      Of his bones are coral made;
      Those are pearls that were his eyes:
      Nothing of him that doth fade
      But doth suffer a sea-change
      Into something rich and strange.

      (Also from the Tempest) The shipwrecked man in 'The Sorrows of Satan' was =
      called
      Geoffrey Tempest.

      The shipwreck sea change we experience is from inorganic to organic, death =
      to life, in
      the bones that are coral made, living bone. Pearls, tears, the eyes born of=
      friction,
      irritation, suffering. Mary Magdalene owed her ability to see the Gardener =
      to her tears.
      Strange –( from extra-neus – without, outside.) What was within is strangel=
      y without;
      our soulscape becomes environment, we live in the reality we have created. =
      But it is
      rich! We suffer the sea change, we allow it. This is the becoming of the B=
      efore and
      After in the infinity of the micro-moment Meanwhile.

      Quote from `The Vacuum Answers' by Bridgeman Shuttleworth – "Sometimes=
      in
      mid –Atlantic the wind tears a rent in a cloudy sky. A liquid whirlpool for=
      ms in the
      mass of rushing waters, while the clouds seem to drop towards the ocean in =
      the
      shape of a cornucopia, with the sea rising in a peak to meet them. Suddenl=
      y, by
      common attraction, the two points meet, like the mouths of two lovers. A w=
      aterspout
      is formed – the wind sucks up the sea and the sea drinks the wind. A vorte=
      x of air
      and water forms a living column that moves giddily up above the angry waves=
      as if by
      uniting earth and sky, man is shewn by this energy interchange, an Almighty=

      exchange and defeat of Gravity." End quote.

      Bridge-Man Shuttle-Worth ? Shuttle weaving, bridge building.......who =
      are you
      really?
      He speaks of horizon Mean-while etheric space. Where sky meets sea, b=
      ecoming
      see. So lifted, by inner vortex, sunspaced, we are cast upon the Island des=
      erted, the
      desert where we must become self supporting. The Little Prince By Antoin=
      e De
      Saint-Exupery is a story of desert initiation.

      Quote from The Little Prince -"I was surprised by suddenly understanding th=
      at
      mysterious radiance of the sands. When I was a little boy I lived in an old=
      house, and
      there was a legend that a treasure was buried in it somewhere. Of course, n=
      o one was
      ever able to find the treasure, perhaps no one even searched. But it cast a=
      spell over
      the whole house." End quote

      What makes the desert magical, he explains, is that somewhere in the deser=
      t there is
      a well. A wellspring. The story is a tale of befriending, of meeting and =
      loving, and
      sacrificing. So that the island is not isolating. We build the hut. We inv=
      ite a friend
      inside. Two or three are gathered.
      Moving ever onwards, we now sail in the plastic ship of the silicon chip, =
      and the
      shipwrecked see-man must now be self supporting, supportive of others, in t=
      he
      deserted death-desert of Ahrimanic isolation. We do not need to sink in su=
      ffering the
      sea change. Fallen ethers too can be reformed and rise, etherised in the c=
      rucible of
      man-kind, kindly, the dis-enchanted elemental beings bring new tales to tel=
      l, songs
      for future heroes, sagas of the fall and the fallen, lifted now, redeemed a=
      nd
      Christened. They too can sing the New Song. In gentleness are the fallen =
      ethers
      raised.
      The silicon-chip-ship is a simulacrum Altar initiation coffin become t=
      omb, sailing
      through a simulated cyber sea. This is the vessel of the ahrimanic initiati=
      on, piloted
      not by a self steering helmsman but remotely controlled, on auto-pilot. F=
      rom this
      mercifull ship-wreck will be salvaged the deep frozen music of the spheres,=
      loosed
      and harped, iced light formed images will melt in heart warmed waters, and =
      life, new
      life, abundant will be-come.
      A great wealth of insight, and utterly unexpected poetry has blessed t=
      his forum,
      and I for one, am deeply grateful. It gives me confidence as nothing else =
      does in this
      desert-land of tech-no-lies to know that a dear Troubadour friend Danny bri=
      ngs
      Mercurial words from the Mars sphere to delve deep into earthly mysteries, =
      that all
      others, poetically vocal or deeply silent are in Place, all around the worl=
      d, that the
      Company of Friends will stand.
      Jan