AW: Time,WTO,etc.-Re: [anthroposophy] New Issue of Southern Cross Review

  • michael_j.sieber@t-online.de
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3 1:54 PM
      Hello Elaine,

      thank you for your comment on Nicanor Perlas, (which gave me the reason and the courage to post an "english as a second language"-post, after having listened for a few weeks...)
      I also do apreciate Perlas work very much.
      It is true that his ideals are Steinerian threefold,
      he became aquainted to Anthroposophie via his agricultural work.

      See more about his current work at the homepage of CADI
      http://www.info.com.ph/~cadi/

      It is really very impressive, to see how he succeded - obviously for the first time since 1919 - in establishing central elements of threefolding via the Philippine Agenda 21 as a central governmental policy.

      Recently Jesaiah Ben Aharon (who was also favourably mentioned in this list sometimes before) joined forces with Nicanor Perlas in order to - as far as I understood it - further develop and realize in a worldwide fashion this anthroposophical threefolding impuls.

      One step in this direction was an international conference headed by Aharon and Perlas held in Gotenburg, Sweden, last Christmas, (did any of you attend? - I did not) which will be followed by a next one in Kapstadt, South Africa in 2001.

      Best wishes to all

      Michael Sieber, Tübingen, Germany
    • elaine upton
      Message 2 of 2 , May 4 9:07 AM
        Gruess Gott, michael, and hello to andrea, rick, joann all of this thread!

        I am assuming you speak German over in Tubingen! (smile). Forgive my awkward
        German, but it is a language i love!--Willkommen!

        Thanks for what you write affirming my feeling about N. Perlas and for
        sending a web address.

        I was not at the conference he and J. Ben Aharon held in Sweden, nor am i
        likely to go to the one in Cape Town (Kapstadt, Sud Afrika), though I used
        to live near Johannesburg and wouldn't at all mind returning to that
        country. What a great place for a Threefolding conference! So, so much is
        happening in South Africa! A whole new society is being born,and what an
        opportunity! (We have a South African on this list, who is usually quiet,
        but who might be able to say more about this...)

        So, in the venerable Germany, where anthroposophy has firm root in many
        respects, at least, what is happening in the way of Threefolding?

        Andrea, thanks for your offerings about the inner and outer/social streams
        in anthroposophy and how the work of Ben Aharon and Perlas can bring these
        together. That seems a crucial task.

        Peace to all,