Re: [anthroposophy] RE: The Power of Media and The Dragoon's skin

  • Joel A. Wendt
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2000
      Dear List,

      I like the following discussion, but I did want to maintain some clarity of
      separation, for it is easy to get confused about some of this.

      There is a great difference between the modern means connected to Media
      (the technological apparatus), and the "social function" of Media, as that
      appears to a goethean (phenomonological) social science.

      Certainly the technological apparatus involves such things as "subnature"
      and the like, and spiritual science can say a lot about this. But the
      technology is a tool, and as Steiner has pointed out, we will have these tools
      (their coming into being cannot be avoided), so the real question is not their
      existence, but their "use".

      At present "media", as a functional process in the social organism, is
      "young". This being the case, the moral and conscious nature of its use is
      still in a formative stage - it is not fixed. The anthroposophical movement
      (in general) still sleeps with regard to "knowledge" of this social function,
      being captured by a fascination with the ahrimanic nature of the technology.
      This "fascination" is luciferic and ungrounded. Its causes are multiple and
      symptomatic of general disfunctions within the movement.

      The whole thing is potentially very tragic, because it is one of the roles
      of anthroposophically inclined individuals to help humanity awake to the
      realities active in the social. But the luciferic fascination with the
      arhimanic nature of modern culture creates an enormous bllind spot in the soul,
      disabling it from seeing social life objectively. See my essay: "Listening to
      the World Song: a Report on the Experience of an Idea":
      http://www.tiac.net/users/hermit/lttws.html

      warm regards
      joel

    • Danny F.
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2000
        --- elaine upton <elaineupton@...> wrote:
        > What, for example, as occult exercises in the Western Tradition? Can
        > you say
        > more of what exercises work against EM poisoning? You or anyone else?

        There's something that work marvel and it is called flower essences.

        The flower as the result of the collaboration between the etheric
        and a being of/in the astral does, in the form of a vibrational
        remedy to be taken internally or through a bath, bridge in us
        astral and etheric, it can therefore be said of an auto-adaptable
        nature. I myself has been using an homeopathic remedy for a while,
        but I can say that it is not until today, after having "stolen" a
        few drops of 'Lotus' flower essence to my mother that it came to
        reach the potency and effect really expected. Many flower essences
        that work on the kind of poisoning mentioned above can be found at:
        http://www.pegasusproducts.com/Pegasus/

        If it sound too "New Age" and "magical" for you, be scientist and
        experiment by yourself, you'll see...

        Danny

        =====
        "Anthroposophy does not want to impart knowledge.
        It seeks to awaken life."

        --Rudolf Steiner

        http://im.yahoo.com/
      • Richard Distasi
        Message 3 of 5 , May 3, 2000
          Joel Wendt: I've read your post and thought that your points should be well
          taken. Your right in saying that it is easy to get caught up in a one-sided
          'luciferic fascination and possibly a luciferic wish to avoid all the
          technology that we have in are lives today. However, one needs to know what
          one is facing and therefore knowing what is the best course to take with
          modern technology. As you said much of it is in its infancy. I believe
          Steiner said that we do not have to be overcome by Ahriman and that we can,
          if we are 'aware', take what Ahriman has to offer and use it for our
          betterment. I also think, though, that it is very important to understand
          whether these technologies do impact our physical, etheric and astral bodies
          and if they do how do we find a 'balance' in it all.
          Again Joel, thanks for pointing out that we should not take a
          one-sided viewpoint and that we need to grow with what is coming to us and
          'consciously' shape it into ways and means of positive social interaction.
          [rick distasi]