Re: [anthroposophy] Two Jesus-children

  • elaine upton
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2000
      Dear Daniel,
      Again, i love your questions,and i see in you no "ignorance" to forgive. We
      are all learning, i trust. I know i am.

      Yes, Steiner speaks of two Jesus children, though i can't give you the exact
      references. Probably someone else can. I suspect there is something in
      Steiner's Gospel of St. Matthew lectures, for one place, but i am sure there
      are others, too.

      If i remember correctly, Steiner says that if you look at the genealogy in
      Matthew you will see these different lines. The lines are from the House of
      David. One is the Nathan line, where the innocent Jesus is born (after 24
      generations of purification). This being has never before been incarnated.
      Then, there is the Solomon line, also taking 24 generations from Solomon,
      the line of great Wisdom, lots of previous incarnations, back to the wise
      Zarathustra.

      There are two Mary's as well. The event recorded about Jesus being lost in
      the Temple, and found by his parents later, when he is off talking with the
      wise ones, is, Steiner says, an account of the coming together of the two
      Jesus beings, where one dies into the other (as i understand it), and thus
      perfect innocence and perfect wisdom are united through the Nathan line and
      the Solomon line.

      Steiner also talks about what happens to the other Mary.

      It is also known that if you look at certain medieval paintings (maybe some
      of our artist experts can help you here), you will see two Jesus children.
      So, this knowledge was passed down, and shows up in the art works up to the
      Middle Ages, at least...

      Now, what of the meaning of all this? Mere playing about of the Gods? I
      don't know the full meaning, but what comes to me so far is that within all
      of us is this opportunity for the uniting of perfect wisdom with perfect
      innocence. What a marriage! (I think Blake's poems, "Songs of Innocence",
      "Songs of Experience" might be relevant here.)
      I'll see if i can find them and post them...

      S. Messenger talks about the move from innocence to experience and then
      beyond in Steiner's triumvirate of Imagination, Inspiration, and Intuition.
      Well, that's another post, i'm sure...(smile).

      Peace,
      elaine

      >From: "Daniel Norstoga" <danielnorstoga@...>
      >To: anthroposophy@egroups.com
      >Subject: [anthroposophy] Two Jesus-children
      >Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 13:34:08 GMT
      >
      >Once more, forgive me for my ignorance. I believe Steiner somewhere writes
      >that there was not only one Jesus-child born, but two. Can anybody explain
      >this?
    • Jo Ann Schwartz
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2000
        Hi Daniel,

        For a discussion of the two Jesus children that was published a few years
        ago, see:

        http://www.antroposofi.org/mellett/twojesus.htm

        Also, you might try asking your question over on Anthroposophical Views
        (see //www.anth.org/a-v/ for details), as Paulina Leonard has made
        something of a study of this question and I don't think she's here on this
        list...

        love & light,
        JoAnn

        --- Daniel Norstoga <danielnorstoga@...> wrote:
        > Once more, forgive me for my ignorance. I believe Steiner somewhere
        > writes that there was not only one Jesus-child born, but two. Can
        > anybody explain this?

        http://im.yahoo.com/
      • Richard Distasi
        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2000
          Daniel N./ I would suggest starting with Steiner's lecture cycles: 'The
          Gospel of Saint Matthew' and 'The Gospel of Saint Luke'. Both are very
          in-depth studies on the two Jesus childs.[rick distasi]
          Once more, forgive me for my ignorance. I believe Steiner somewhere writes
          that there was not only one Jesus-child born, but two. Can anybody explain
          this?

          Get paid for the stuff you know!
          Get answers for the stuff you don't. And get $10 to spend on the site!
          http://click.egroups.com/1/2200/2/_/122694/_/957274452/