Re: Politics

  • starmann77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2 8:12 AM
      *******More political propaganda on the anthroposophy list, this time a
      screed from Joanne in favor of Al Gore, saying every media story about him is
      a conspiracy which is why he's going to lose in November. Personally, I think
      Gore may be the cause; but regardless, it has nothing to do with
      anthroposophy unless you want to start demonizing the opposing party and
      saying it's "Ahriman", not a fun game.

      >At one recent White House event, Gore introduced Cisco Systems
      >CEO John Chambers, who he had met with privately earlier that day.
      > Gore told the audience how much he valued Chambers and one of
      > the products Cisco produced. But he mispronounced "routers" as
      > root-ers....
      > Gore has taken credit for popularizing the term "information
      >superhighway" ...
      >This business about Gore supposedly claiming to have invented the
      >Internet would be trivial, comparable to the question of whether Dan
      >Quayle really misspelled the word "potato", if it were not part of
      >such a pattern. The media by now has gone through numerous episodes
      >of echo-chamber hysteria, accusing time Gore of lying, exaggerating,
      >shading the truth, and even being mentally ill, based on stories
      >that were simply false. And not just arguably false or somewhat
      >false, but just plain factually-not-true false. You've heard them:
      >Al Gore falsely claimed to have inspired the novel "Love Story",
      >the author vehemently denied that what Gore said was true, and Gore
      >admitted that he had been making it up. Gore falsely claimed to
      >have worked on a farm as a child. Gore claimed to have discovered
      >Love Canal. And Gore claimed to have invented the Internet ...
      >When the media said something bad about Newt Gingrich -- instigated
      >in many cases, no doubt about it, by liberals using these same methods
      > -- Gingrich could count on massive air cover from the conservative media.
      > Clinton and Gore do have a few defenders in the media...
      > Their ultimate object of abuse is not Al Gore, or liberals, but rather the
      > healthy and sane parts of the abuser's own mind, which unless rescued will
      sink
      > into corruption and terror so profound that only God can really understand
      it.
      Ooooo-EEEEEEEEEE-oooooo.....