Re: [anthroposophy] Re: Wayfarers All - Being a Pilgrim

  • jan
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 5, 2003
      Re: [anthroposophy] Re: Wayfarers All - Being a Pilgrim On 1/8/03 5:41 am, "Angus J. MacLeod" <abrasax7@...> wrote:

             Hello Angus,  Thank you for the picture which I have printed out.  I am sure you are right about the spiritual stream, in which many must have flowed towards the event of Christ in the etheric. My eldest son is close to Jakob Boehme.  As a boy of twelve or so, he was obsessed with Egypt, constantly dreaming of Ancient Egypt.  He had a large room, which he painted throughout with life sized Egyptian gods and figures, with a full sized Boat of Ra on the ceiling. He was particular about mixing and even grinding pigments to get as near as he could to the real thing.  As a three year old, he had been impatient with paper to draw on, insisting that he ‘only drawed on stone!”
        So involved did he become over a couple of years, that I suggested he read the Greeks, which he did, very fully!  I later wished he had not read so much Plato, as he argued his way through everything with great ease! At the same time he gave up Egypt and decided to play the piano.  One night he had a dream about reading a red book that greatly impressed him, and the following day found a red book of Boehme in a bookshop and so started his study.
           I also agree with you about the difficulty in ‘identifying’ entities as Rudolf Steiner did.  We have his indications, of course, which give us certain reference points, but lack his conscious clairvoyance!
           We are all only students of Spiritual Science, and I think it is wise to go slowly and safely in awakening ‘inner sight’ using the exercises and methodology Steiner gave for the purpose,  as there are so many fake pathways into the spiritual worlds, which ultimately lead into servitude.
           I have been researching these various sub-etheric paths in some detail, and think that we are experiencing here the opening of the Occult School of Ahriman, who cannot, after all, offer genuine human insight, as that necessarily awakens the human being to his own presence, which is the last thing he desires, and also leads to Christ.  Nor is it in his power to give what is inherently creative.  We know that he has an entirely different agenda!
            These ‘free offers’ in the pseudo Super-sensible-Market will become ever more enticing, even irresistible  to many as the physical world and the physical body contracts and becomes more prison like and unbearable.
         Steiner even said to anthroposophists “And you will desire them, for Ahriman’s power will be very great”
          So we have to be very awake and guarded.  The power of Christ for good is,  of course, far greater, and so we go with that thought.
           Jan

      Dear Jan-

      Thanks for your kind reply and many of your posts. I really liked this
      one about this pilgrimage in Spain/Portugal. I just attended mass at
      Roslyn Chapel.

      I feel it is hard to describe things, or even identify entities,
      exactly as Dr. Steiner did. I am definitely familiar with what is
      called the Luciferic Belt in the astral world. Because this is so
      often the source of delusion and spiritual misconception, I can only
      know through my own sensation and perception "in the body". To
      describe these feelings in a common language is my goal, but maybe
      this is reached after some more (many more) years of practice and  study.

      I have read this lecture and was lead in a definite direction by it. I
      posted a pic in the files section of Darkened Man progressing
      towards Enlightenment by Gichtel. He was either in the same Rhineland
      Mystic school as Steiner or... they experienced the same vision given
      in Balance in Man. What do you think?

      BTW I have heard predictions of these electro-magnetic devices
      allowing a glimpse "Beyond the Veil". I have heard some say,
      governments now have these devices and they will soon be available to
      the masses. I saw a documentary about ESP research and such a device
      was in use. Through the manipulation of electro-magnetism "feelings"
      of  Presences or Other Beings could be induced. This proved that these
      EM fields were simply the cause of "sightings". However, the thesis
      that non-physical entities co-existed around us as commonplace was
      overlooked.

      Sincerely,

      -Angus

      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "starbirdgarden"